The Dark Mod Forums

New Robot Voice And Schema

Fidcal

Just completed new non-Karras, generic robot voice files and schema for my Thief 2 mission and it occurred to me it might be of use with Dark Mod Development. Are robots still going to be included in TDM? I'll post a few more details if so, maybe even post a sample.

Just completed new non-Karras, generic robot voice files and schema for my Thief 2 mission and it occurred to me it might be of use with Dark Mod Development. Are robots still going to be included in TDM? I'll post a few more details if so, maybe even post a sample.

I'll take a listen to them. As a general rule, I'm not using submissions for the voice sets and doing it all inhouse for consistency, but you never know...my heart may soften a bit.

NH: Do you want me to PM you with links to a sample of the wavs or post them here publicly?

The voice files were created using an old quick and dirty text to speech generator but this was ideal because it makes no pretence of being human but gives really robotic-sounding monotones. Extra robot statements can be made if necessary to meet any additional requirements of Dark Mod or even custom ones for specific missions being planned.

I have produced only a single voice (with almost 100 wav statments) but there is some provision for adjusting the pitch, etc so another slightly different robot voice might also be produced in the same style but I have no plans for this myself. I'm using it with the one humanoid robot in the Thief 2 Dedex gamesys.

Unfortunately NH is the only member of this group (the voice actors) and only he has the keys to it. It's quite a honour that you even considered to listen to your files, as he never did even that. :)

Just to clarify for fidcal... I'm not a lone voice actor. ;) I'm simply producing all the voice sets with actors who live within our city...and also actors who happen to come in during the summer for our city festivals. I have access to semi-pro and professional actors. Even though we're somewhat small, we have a very large acting community here.

That was once an attractive woman, who after being under the influence of Hollywood youth and body culture turned to Plastic Surgery with disastrous consequences. Her name is Jackie Stallone, mother of Sylvester.

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

That was once an attractive woman, who after being under the influence of Hollywood youth and body culture turned to Plastic Surgery with disastrous consequences. Her name is Jackie Stallone, mother of Sylvester.

Im betting she was also under the influence of Oxycotin at the time as well....

Think that is Stallone actually.

Anyway, just to repeat... pm sample links or public?

Feel free to post them publicly. Please don't be insulted but chances are that they will not make their way into the mod as I'm being very strict about ensuring all the vocal sets match up as a unified whole. T2X worked by submission and the quality, while often good, varied far too much.

Hey guys-

Be careful when you mention the name Michael Myers..... I go by the handle Saxmeister, but that is my real name (no joking or kidding here!)

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."- Frank Zappa

OK. No won't feel insulted if they are not suitable. I made them for my own mission and this was just an afterthought. Incidentally, even if not used by the team, they will be made freely available anyway so anyone else can use them in anything whether it be a Dark Mod map or Thief 1,2, or 3.

Here is are 5 samples anyway....

OK ... NOTHING ... NOT RIGHT ... LOST CONTACT ... STRANGE