The Dark Mod Forums

Assassin's Creed

Arumakani

I don't ever play on consoles so whether i ever get to see this in action with its rumoured PS3 only platform it debatable but i still get the impression this isn't one for the "TDM crowd", it's more likely to be GTA than Thief. The screens are pretty enough and the location and time interesting, I just get this feeling...hmm.

Having said that I'd always hoped to have Thief levels where the city sections were absolutely jam packed with NPCs, so that bit is certainly interesting. I'm presuming each AI is little more than a walking headless chicken to run decently though.

They say it'll probably come out on the 360. It may eventually come out on the PC. If they get a good mix of Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia and some exploration, it could be a bit of a gem.

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

Yeah, it looks great and all, but it's just so very far away from release that I'd rather forget all about it and then be surprised in a couple years!

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I've read the articles about the gameplay and that sounds interesting, but I still don't know what the fuss is all about. As far as I know, and seen, there has only been a cinematic released. I absolutely hate games that do this for promotional purposes because it says nothing about the gameplay--how it looks, feels, etc. Honestly, I'm not too excited about the setting simply because it looks too...white. It's stark and bleached. I just don't like the color pallete.

As Komag said, we've seen so little and its still a few years from completion. I don't think I have a reason to get excited until I see more of it.

Edited by Ombrenuit

The only "recent" Prince of Persia game i tried was the demo of the first one in the comeback 3D series... are they worth a try? Splinter cell I found okay for a demo but after purchasing Pandora Tomorrow I felt horribly limited in the linear nature. Not my cup of tea...

I guess if AC makes it to 360 it'll make it to PC, we'll see.

Having said that I'd always hoped to have Thief levels where the city sections were absolutely jam packed with NPCs, so that bit is certainly interesting. I'm presuming each AI is little more than a walking headless chicken to run decently though.

The crowd feature in the latest Hitman game was pretty sweet, seeing literally hundreds of AI on the screen at once. Of course it lost some of the magic when you realised that these crowd AI didn't have any of the "response to suspicious actions" code running on them, they pretty much just did their animations and then died when you shot them. You could throw a bomb into the middle of them too and see everyone within the blast radius go down, so you'd get a cirlce of dead people and at the edges they'd still be partying. :)

Still it was very cool trying to stealthily follow someone thru the crowds, or try to avoid cops or enemies who walked among the crowd.

• 1 month later...

For you PC buffs.

A PC mag preview:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=146349

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=146301

There was a tour of the Montreal office but can't find it :(

Storyline Diary:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/772/772025/vids_1.html

Edited by Arumakani

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

There's a video of a demo play from X06 released. I already linked to it in the Bioshock thread, but because it also has Assassin's Creed I thought I'd crosslink just to keep things tidy:

ms.groovygecko.net/groovyg/clients/xbox/xbox_hb.wmv?wmcache=0

The AC part starts a little before the 32 minute mark.

It should probably also be added that it looks pretty f'ing fun.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 2 weeks later...
The only "recent" Prince of Persia game i tried was the demo of the first one in the comeback 3D series... are they worth a try? Splinter cell I found okay for a demo but after purchasing Pandora Tomorrow I felt horribly limited in the linear nature. Not my cup of tea...

I guess if AC makes it to 360 it'll make it to PC, we'll see.

PoP is definitely worth playing. PoP Sands of time and the 2nd game were great. The final in the trilogy was very good, but incredibly hard. The bitch of all boss battles, 2 of them... personally, even as an avid game, it beat me... I've never been beating by a game, but that one, I just couldn't finish; got all the way to the final battle, and just couldn't win it. I've played games on puters since when computers were invented; way back when my first puter had 16k of memory and couldn't draw a diagonal line, loaded programs from a cassette. lol

PoP 3 sucked!!! but the rest were brilliant.

V

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

• 9 months later...

I'm still hoping this will be good, but it's too bad to see they went with a melee combat style where you "lock on" to opponents and a ridiculous white glow around people you are frobbing when just walking around. Maybe they will get rid of some of that crap in the PC version, but I doubt it.