The Dark Mod Forums

Sort Of Wii European/british Price?

Arumakani

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a sort of definite price for US and Japan with a currency conversion for Europe:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67605

I would say it'll be about £150. Not bad for a new console.

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

Was to be exepected. Around 250 Euro it was said.

If it's 250 USD, wouldn't it be less there?

(never mind, I actually clicked the link - 170)

I cannot understand why people even want consoles these days. What can a console give you that a PC game can't, apart from a headache from the crappy TV picture and RSI from the nasty little controller?

You don't have to upgrade the graphics card to play the games at the best possible settings. Developers will also begin to master the architecture and provide efficient good looking games etc. Also youcan mong out on the sofa nad play games. I see what you mean Orb, but loads of folk can't be bothered with tweaking etc a computer.

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

I cannot understand why people even want consoles these days. What can a console give you that a PC game can't, apart from a headache from the crappy TV picture and RSI from the nasty little controller?

There are several reasons. One is that you have games that are not on PC. That's why I favour a Wii and not an XBox because the XBox has bascially the same games like the PC. Another reason is, that you simply connect it and play. No hassle with patching (theoretically), hardware requirements etc. This is also an important point when you have smaller kids, because they can much easier learn to use a gamepad then a full keyboard. Also they can not damage much. On a PC they can move around Icons and delete them and you often have to maintain the PC to keep it working, while with a console this is much easier. And then there is the issue if you use your PC for work, then you have set it up differently. My PC is in it's own room with a 22" monitor connected to it. Playing games like i.e. "Need for Speed" is simply much more fun when played on the big screen in the living room. And there are more games to play together on a console on a single machine, then for the PC.

Gerhard