The Dark Mod Forums

Unreal Tournament 2007

Arumakani

FFS, if your'e going to start a new topic, at least have a fucking opinion on it. Don't just post a link. I notice most of the numerous topics you start stretch to about one sentence, and sometimes, like this one, none at all.

It irritates me, so stop it.

IF you havent' got at least a 10 line paragraph's opinion on a subject, then don't start a threrad about it.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Well the forums are dead anyway so who the fuck cares, you half arse.

The reason why more people from TTLG don't come here or you guys don't get any help is because a few of you are so up your own arses. You're decent at what you've done, Oddity, but no way near as good as you think you are. D*ckHead :)

Edited by Arumakani

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

Can we please stop with the personal insults?

Don't make me unhappy. You wouldn't like me when I'm unhappy. :ph34r:

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Fair enough crispy. Basically Oddity sent me a PM calling me names and saying that the team members forums were slagging me off. I PM people when I want to know something usually game related, but sometimes I'm interested in the person. This seems to have annoyed some people. They should say that they are busy or prefer not to have PM's. Then it would be finished. However having a bitch in a forum where the person being bitched about can't defend themselves is below the belt. SO being a bit annoyed I decide to call Oddity some names in reply to his rude PM and am willing to call anyone else names too in defence. :)

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

The reason why more people from TTLG don't come here or you guys don't get any help is because a few of you are so up your own arses. You're decent at what you've done, Oddity, but no way near as good as you think you are. D*ckHead :)

And if people can't separate the 'work' from the 'individual' that's their problem. I've stated that point numerous times and it still hasn't gotten through, if your statement is to be taken as fact. If the purpose behind the project is overshadowed by someones personal opinion of a bloody team member or two, then they likely wouldn't stick with the project anyway. We don't sit in offices together, so if a few personalities are abrasive, you deal with it. We can get up and walk away from the computer, or even turn it off if we get under each others skin. The team members we have, want to be here and believe in the project....it's not always going to be the environment where we will all give each other hugs 24 hours a day, or that our opinions will always be the same. This project has been the finest example of community that I have ever had the pleasure of taking part in. Anyone whose heart wasn't really into it, haven't lasted long at all.

On a slightly different topic, I find it peculiar how your speech patterns go from incoherence to absolute clarity when it comes time to start hurling insults. Nothing like a little adrenaline to sharpen the old mind huh? ;)

At any rate, while his reply was coated in his usual venom, oddity does have a point. Even a slight explanation of why your posting the link would be courteous.

SO being a bit annoyed I decide to call Oddity some names in reply to his rude PM and am willing to call anyone else names too in defence.

There are better ways of dealing with those issues.

Well, to give this topic a boost in the helpful direction, can anyone summarize how Unreal 2007 is going to be any different in essence than any other past incarnation (putting aside the graphics, etc)?

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Arumaki, some forum members did mention the fact that you had PM'd them quite a bit and then quickly moved on to discussing 2 watt lightbulbs. But they certainly didn't 'slag you off'. Calm down.

Alright then. Cool. Good that you guys have better things to do, like the DarkMod.

And New Horizon, I'm not as naive as some may think, though I may appear to ask a bit too many questions. There is a reason behind it. But I won't get into it unless I'm sure about a few things... ;)

There is a reason behind it. But I won't get into it unless I'm sure about a few things... ;)

Well, I figured that much....it was pretty obvious. ;) Perhaps a better way to be sure of those things, would be to approach the team openly...instead of pretending to be something or someone you're not. Why waste several weeks probing and mining the team when you could just be completely upfront about your intentions and get it over with in five minutes?

Well, to give this topic a boost in the helpful direction, can anyone summarize how Unreal 2007 is going to be any different in essence than any other past incarnation (putting aside the graphics, etc)?

I've heard ,or should I say, read, that the Physics system is a fair bit better as is vehicle handling. As you know and sort of mentioned the graphics and textures are vastly improved.

This game is exactly the same crap that the other UT games were. The graphics don't even look that good. I remember a tech demo from E3 a few years ago, and it looked amazing, but this video looks not much better then UT2K3.

I don't know why they bother anyway, people who like this type of nonsense would have just as good a time continuing to play the last UT. It's all about running around a map and shooting people.

If you're goign to make a game, make a new one.

As regards posting a link to start a new thread, my point was that it's the equivilent of walking into a room full of people, saying 'unreal tournament' and then walking out again.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

This game is exactly the same crap that the other UT games were. The graphics don't even look that good. I remember a tech demo from E3 a few years ago, and it looked amazing, but this video looks not much better then UT2K3.

I don't know why they bother anyway, people who like this type of nonsense would have just as good a time continuing to play the last UT. It's all about running around a map and shooting people.

As regards posting a link to start a new thread, my point was that it's the equivilent of walking into a room full of people, saying 'unreal tournament' and then walking out again.

The thing about UT is that it hasn't really changed a lot from the first version in terms of gameplay, and the game moves so fast that good graphics are not really noticable. This is why people are still playing Quake II deathmatches - the gameplay doesn't require good graphics, and if you spend a millisecond gawping at eye candy, you'll be fragged in a heartbeat.

The Unreal ENgine itself is very impressive, but for fast paced multiplayer games you will never notice it.

And I agree, if you are going to post a link, you should include some information as to why you are positing, and why you think people will be interested.

I completely agree. Thing is, by making the same game over and over again they get to sell it again and again to the aforementioned shooter fans, thus making money without having to do a lot of thinking about it... evidently some people aren't smart enough to realise that they're just getting sold the same old thing again.

By incrementing the number after the name and adding in some new graphics, maps and vehicles (and maybe a weapon if they want to make the effort) they get to call it a "new game" and re-sell it. It's a decent business strategy; it's just a shame that they don't turn their technical talents towards something more meaningful.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.