Special Fm Feature Requests

SneaksieDave

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sparhawk, I sent it to New Horizon (because he's in charge of PR, I figured he'd have people's emails :) ), so that he'd forward it to you and Domarius. If it hasn't reached you that way... [edit - found your email on ttlg forums. I will try sending it directly to there]

Edited by Ishtvan

Sparhawk, I sent it to New Horizon (because he's in charge of PR, I figured he'd have people's emails :) ) ...

Thanks! I'll ask him later then. BTW: We can use more coders. So if you have some experience, as it seems from your postings, and time, we could find something to occupy you. :)

Gerhard

Lets discuss it here, though. I don't want each of us talking to him individually. That would be messy.

Also, sorry about not replying to your message earlier Ishtvan. I registered with a hotmail address that has exclusive spam filtering on. I've since changed it to a gmail address, so I should get notifications from the forum like that now.

Edited by Domarius

@Domarius: No problem, I probably spammed you guys a bit excessively with all the comms. I just wanted to make sure one of the methods reached you. :)

If you want to discuss it here that's cool, I just thought maybe sending emails back and forth cc'd to everyone would leave some space in this thread for other people with suggestions. Maybe we could just start a separate 'sound propagation suggestions' thread?

@Sparhawk: I would love to help in some way with coding, but I don't always have a lot of time due to RL job issues. I tried to describe my level of experience in my email. I don't program for a living (except some minor stuff in Matlab), and don't have much experience in optimizing code so that it runs fast for games, but I have coded for academic classes and for fun in the past, some of it in C++.

While my lack of free time probably means I couldn't be a full team member, I would be honored to act as a 'contributor,' if you have some fairly low priority task that I could help with. Thanks for your consideration.

While my lack of free time probably means I couldn't be a full team member, I would be honored to act as a 'contributor,' if you have some fairly low priority task that I could help with. Thanks for your consideration.

I just made you code contributor. You should see now some of the dev boards and the relevant coding boards. If not just tell, me because I'm not to sure with the permission masks from this software. :)

Gerhard

• 2 weeks later...

Climbing gloves. I know rope arrows are always talked about but I would like both. You could have some great acrobatics action going on with both.

A rechargable stamina bar for running. The guards in T3 get out of breath - you should too. And if Garrett has a set amount based on his fittness you could alter the amount for AI. So a fat guard would tire more quickly than an althetic one or a non-human creature. And undead would never tire. This would make getting seen more of an issue as you couldn't just run off so easily everytime. And of course speed potions would give you a stamina boost.

Climbing gloves. I know rope arrows are always talked about but I would like both. You could have some great acrobatics action going on with both.

A rechargable stamina bar for running. The guards in T3 get out of breath - you should too. And if Garrett has a set amount based on his fittness you could alter the amount for AI. So a fat guard would tire more quickly than an althetic one or a non-human creature. And undead would never tire. This would make getting seen more of an issue as you couldn't just run off so easily everytime. And of course speed potions would give you a stamina boost.

I second all that was just said, but if you guys must prioritize, then I say rope arrows are more important than the gloves.

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

We had a big, BIG discussion about stamina, and after much debating, have decided not to implement it at this time. We won't be having climbing gloves either, but that doesn't mean there won't be some kind of wall-climbing opportunities....

Climbing gloves won't be appearing in The Dark Mod, but you should still have the opportunity to scale some walls with the appropriate tools. Can't get into specifics, just trust me. :)

We've also discussed the implications of stamina on gameplay. After many weeks of weighing the pros and cons...the cons just outweighed the pros and we decided against it. We have to keep in mind that our goal is to take the existing core gameplay, find ways to improve it, and in doing so make it our own without adding too many additional features. Feature creep is something that has to be taken very seriously when dealing with this type of gameplay.