The Dark Mod Forums

Water Contest

Bikerdude

Hi Komag

The word is spreading about the contest on ttlg.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108995

So far 64 people have voted to say they think komag should keep doing what he does best :-)

And the following threads in the ttlg mission section, classic :-)

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109045, 109046, 109037, 109033 , etc

biker

Edited by Bikerdude

You think NW was being a little harsh with the baton?

I mean, are we just not supposed to talk about Komag there in any but a shallow sense? And if not in that thread (understandable), then where are we allowed to talk about it?

Anyway, I don't worry about it ... rules is rules, and I don't really want to dredge anything up here. It does make me wonder how well she'll keep things under taps during the contest, though. I mean the entire FM forum is going to be flooded with Komag contest threads! (Can't exactly not let people put up threads on them.) I can predict shock and surprise every third post and she'll have to put up a sticky: "First rule of Komag contest; nobody talks about Komag." Oy, what a week it will be.

Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what you want to do with this poll ... since of course the future of K's contests are up to him, and most people's opinion there I think are going to be pretty predictable. My guess is he'll -- or probably better worded, if it were me -- I'd switch over to TDM when it's ready, but that's still such a ways off it's hard to think about it now. And until then I'd maybe play with the idea of thematic contests in the meantime. Aside from his actual opinion, a poll is just going to be a somewhat gratuitous if maybe nice chance to know what TTLGers think along the way. But I guess it doesn't hurt.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I started this thread in the editors guild, because I was curious about the time it takes for dromeders. Seeing that it takes usually a year or more, I would say that is quite a good time to get started on TDM. If all that creativity would be put in here, then we could be advancing at a much higher rate, Because most of the time is in the textures and models and many dromeder seem to create their own anyway, which is exactly the skills that we need.

Gerhard

hehe, nice poll. Yeah of course everyone wants more contests because they're fun and produce some great little missions.

I don't know when there will be another one, probably not for a LONG time. I doubt I'll try another T3Ed contest, as pretty much NOBODY is doing anything with that editor. (quite a travesty I think) I don't plan to do any more Dromed contests - this water one was meant as a "last hurah". So probably it will be TDM in a couple years.

About them not being allowed to talk about my banning, I just don't care how they handle it over there anymore. TTLG is part of my past.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

@Spar,

If you noticed, there is a big difference between the time put into a full FM and a contest mission. A contest mission can be churned out in 2-4 weeks. A full FM, if you're working at it diligently, I mean look at the production times for the three Calendra's Legacy FMs, each one took about 3 months, and from what I gathered it was on a pretty diligent schedule. That's probably the fastest ... so any time longer than that is I think due to taking lots of breaks on building and really filling things out.

By the way, you guys should consider running a contest for TDM assets if you really want people to contribute. :D

The funny thing is that, given how much better output we seem to get from the community from contests, this is only half-joking.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Hi Komag

hehe, nice poll

Your welcome mate, it was designed to make a point, I thought you might like it.

So what execly is involved in doing a contest then..? would I be able to do it for you on your behalf etc, or is it far more complicated than that..? btw. ever thought of putting a forum on your website..? a nice simple one, no gifs/images/smiles etc so as to keep your bandwidth down etc..

By the way, you guys should consider running a contest for TDM assets if you really want people to contribute. :D

I did think of this, but I didnt think you would have the editor ready enough for this..?

Yet more support 4 u komag

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109033

Edited by Bikerdude