The Dark Mod Forums

Itches, Glitches & Anything Else...

@jdude: Can you send me the leaked map so that I can have a look at it? Which version of DarkRadiant are you using (it looks like 0.8.1 to me)?

I had such a screen once, that was during the float to double transition, but this build was never available for download.

@capela: What are you talking about? Do you have problems finding the leak spots?

If you're suspecting that the leaks or the pointfile are causing this, I can of course produce a leaked map on my own (nothing easier than that :)). I'll open an issue so that I don't forget.

I need to talk about leeks to, but not today. My real problem is that i can't make the transaction from Domedit to darkradiant, i just can't, everything in Darkradiant seems so more confused, i think i need help, please, whats wrong with me?

i never did much with dromed, but it looked quite straightforward when I played with it. Anyway, to get started with DR I suggest to read some of the beginners tutorials on Doom3World. Some things are a little bit different in DR then in DoomEdit, so you might give ti a try with DoomEdit first and follow the tutorials. How to create a simple room and such things. I found the tutorials quite helpfull and easy to follow. If you used Doomedit with the tutorials the transation to D is much simpler, because it is close enough to be the same, but not 100% exact maybe to follow the tuts.

Also it might be helpfull if you try to remember your specific problems and how you resolved them. I think that other Dromeders might have similar issues, so having a readme, that tells them what to expect and how to deal with it, would be most certainly helpfull.

Gerhard

jdude, it looks from your image that you have several of the new buttons missing from the toolbar; so while you might be using the latest version, you've still got an old configuration. You probably need to clear out your user settings from the user folder in 'documents and settings' (under 'application data').

I have a similar problem with models, specifically the shrub/plant models.

edit: Also I've been getting very strange texture problems. The textures change what they are and look very very distorted from the original. This usually occurs randomly, but restarting DR fixes it. Here's a picture of the problem:

errorba4.th.jpg

Can anyone please tell me whats the mean of "Shader not found"

Shader not found is usually appearing if DarkRadiant doesn't understand the shader definition. Mostly this is due to addnormals(), heightmap() and other map expressions, the support for this is still lacking. Is this a DarkMod-specific texture or a custom one? Can you post the shader definition here?

I have a similar problem with models, specifically the shrub/plant models.

edit: Also I've been getting very strange texture problems. The textures change what they are and look very very distorted from the original. This usually occurs randomly, but restarting DR fixes it. Here's a picture of the problem:

This looks really strange, never occurred to me. Especially if it happens randomly I rather suspect that your drivers may have some glitches.

Shader not found is usually appearing if DarkRadiant doesn't understand the shader definition. Mostly this is due to addnormals(), heightmap() and other map expressions, the support for this is still lacking. Is this a DarkMod-specific texture or a custom one? Can you post the shader definition here?

This looks really strange, never occurred to me. Especially if it happens randomly I rather suspect that your drivers may have some glitches.

Yes they are custom textures and it seems all my wood textures have the same problem.

I have a folder at the "Betamapper Repository" name "capela" where you can see the textures in this case the wood01, wood02, etc , and the mtr file. I have a similar code for allmost every textures and they are ok.

Ah, there is an error in your material file, at line 984: the opening bracket is missing.

textures/Braven/Window04

}

DarkRadiant aborts parsing of the material file when it encounters an error and a warning is displayed in the console window. If you fix that bracket, all the materials below Window04 should work again.

There seems to be a discrepancy between the amount of brushes loading on the loading screen and the actual number of brushes in a level. Upon loading my level the number of brushes loaded goes above 5500, but on the bottom after loading the amount of brushes in my level says only 5315. I don't know if this matters at all, it doesn't seem to affect anything but just in case no body has noticed I thought I should post it.

The reason is that during map load the number of primitives (=brushes+patches) is displayed, whereas the status bar is just displaying the brush count. This is an ancient feature and patches were probably non-existent at that time.

Heh, while (slightly) refactoring the Doom3Entity code, you get to see really delightful things like NameCallbackCallback:

typedef Callback1<const std::string&> NameCallback;
typedef Callback1<const NameCallback&> NameCallbackCallback;

I swear, a few more months and I develop a full-grown allergy against callbacks. :D

Does anybody know if the sorting of keyvalues in the map file makes any difference?

In my working copy I have replaced the UnsortedMap with a std::map, which makes the spawnargs alphabetically sorted ("angle" is listed before "classname", both in the EntityInspector and the map file).

edit: Nevermind, it should not make any difference, at least from looking at the map parsing code in the SDK.

edit: Nevermind²: I went with std::vector<:pair> to create an unsorted map.

I'm still having the same trouble with 7.4 ati drivers. This occurs when I have DR running in the background and I play Doom3 in fullwindow mode, then quit and go back to DR. It is fixed by restarting DR but it's becoming a bit of a pain to have to load everything over and over. My card is a x1950 pro 256. The textures which become distorted have random scattered images on them and have a shininess to them which can be seen in textured mode in the 3d view.

I've been creating model doors by two methods with no problem that I noticed:

Create brush, give it atdm:mover_door, select model in entity inspector and click button 'Choose Model'

Or...

Create model, edit the name func_static to atdm:mover_door

But now I find with the first method I see the origin point appears in DR to be way out - maybe 25 units to one side and some 1500 units high. Yet both doors work fine in the game. There is no other entity listed in the entity list. I've rebooted XP and started with a fresh map but still the same. This is the top view HERE as the side view the origin is too high to get in the same image.

I can't understand when this started as it could not have always been like this - I've made a hell of a lot of test doors and done a lot of rotating testing where I've paid attention to the centre of rotation.

So, this happens only when creating a brush, making it into a atdm:mover_door and set the model? Seems like a bug, assuming that you applied the same model in both cases?

Yes both same door model, greebo.

Well, this might give a clue as to where the flaw lies maybe. I just reloaded the test map and the rogue is now in the normal correct position. Rubbing my eyes I created a new door and on this one the origin showed in the wrong place again. I then saved the map and instantly it was corrected. Maybe that's why I never noticed before since I save very frequently. Since the doors work OK in game it presumably is a temporary display glitch but is reproduceable. Let me know if you want any log output or whatever or an entry in bug tracker.

Yes, please open an issue with a link to your post above, so that I can investigate it sometime. I can't do that right now, due to the scenegraph issues, but I'll come to it eventually. Maybe the brushes cause the origin to be misinterpreted, but I can't be sure right now.