The Dark Mod Forums

Itches, Glitches & Anything Else...

I don't know whether this one has been raised already - Reloading commands in Dark Radiant reload only models/defs/scripts used in the map or maybe present at the time of launching DR (not sure about that). But they won't find any new assets added. The only way to add new asset to map is by restarting DR, which takes time for any medium or large map.

Could that be changed, so apart from reloading, DR also looks for new ones?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With a big map it can be hard to move the grid view around. Typically I zoom out and find the area I want to work, drag the view to centre it, zoom in, then regionsSetXY. I have key R set to that. But now I'm sometimes trying with a zoomed in view, drag, R, drag, R so I am pulling the view around to find what I want but it only ever shows that region so it moves smooth. I'm just wondering if there is a case for an 'auto-regionSetXY' mode. When set, the grid view would automatically set regionXY on release of the RMB. Ditto if zooming in or out. Since you can't see anything outside of the view anyway, why waste processing time on it. [EDIT] In fact the only time you would want to disable this mode is if you want to refer to something else in camera.

I've not put this on the wishlist as I'm unsure myself. Just wondered if anyone else had tried this drag and region idea.

What you described is already happening in the code behind the scenes. Only the parts intersecting a certain view volume are rendered, everything else is culled. This is happening for both the cam and the ortho, dynamically.

• 2 weeks later...

Browsing the Dark Radiant console I saw:

LoadLibrary failed: 'G:/DarkRadiant/modules/wavefront.dll'

GetLastError: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

WARNING: Failed to load module G:/DarkRadiant/modules/wavefront.dll:

The only log I can find is darkradiant.log in the users folder. This also has the above error and further down:

ModuleLoader: Loading module 'G:/DarkRadiant/plugins/wavefront.dll'

Module registered: WaveFrontExporter

What would this error affect?

Do you have the File > Export Selection as OBJ... menu item? Then you don't need to worry about anything, the console warning is probably due to a packaging error on my behalf.

edit: Yeah, I had the output folder for the wavefront plug-in set differently for x86 and x64 builds, so you probably have a 32-bit module leftover in your x64 package. My bad, but it won't do any harm, it will be fixed in the next release.

Rarely needed but Dark Radiant crashed when I tried to move an entire map (using Alt + arrows) but it worked OK if I first dragged out a brush and imported the map (probably the same if I just opened and added a brush then selected only the main map.) This was a big map. Not tried with a small one.

Rarely needed but Dark Radiant crashed when I tried to move an entire map (using Alt + arrows) but it worked OK if I first dragged out a brush and imported the map (probably the same if I just opened and added a brush then selected only the main map.) This was a big map. Not tried with a small one.

Any steps so I can try to reproduce that?