The Dark Mod Forums

Itches, Glitches & Anything Else...

I just recently tried out some layers, and when I moved brushes to a layer everything works as expected. The only problem is that DR doesn't register anything as being changed, so there is no save * up there telling me I should save before quitting. A very minor thing, but potentially could lead to loss of work if people rely too much on that * (I save a couple times before quitting no matter what, but you never know)

I'll bug track it if people agree

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

Selected brush colour in camera. I see this in the colour preferences. Has that always been there? Anyway, can't see any effect when changed. The colour shows yellowish in 096; used to be salmon pinkish in 094. I've tried white and magenta but can't get it to change.

It's been there a long time, if not always. I have it set to a light grey so it's very subtle. I wouldn't suggest that being default, as once in a while I can't tell what's selected! But overall I prefer it.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I have it set to a light grey so it's very subtle.
Woah! Exactly same as me! I started with bright white then gradually reduced. With a light grey I can still see the texture colour fairly true.

@greebo: thanks, I'll check it out later. Then I must find time to check what's new since 094.

Confirm that entity inspector panel size now saved and re-opens OK and convert to func static feinted out if just surfaces selected. Thanks.

Erm... What's a layer? Can't find any info on the wiki. I've tried selecting items and making a new layer but can't see what it does. Is it supposed to store a selection for later re-use? If so, how? Not obvious how to use this.

You need to open the LayerControl dialog (under View menu or hit Ctrl-Shift-L, I think) and create a new layer. Then you can assign selected items to that layer and toggle the visibility of the existing layers.

Now, how would I put some extra guards on Expert difficulty only?

Add the AI to the map and equip it with these spawnargs:

"diff_0_nospawn" "1"
"diff_1_nospawn" "1"

which will prevent the AI from spawning at difficulty level 0 (= Easy) and 1 (=Hard).

This seems to be a bug in 096 May 9, 2008, 18:31 but it might be a feature where I can't find the escape...

RMB on a texture in Texture Browser.

Mouse locks into Texture Browser. Can move textures up and down with mouse. No visible cursor.

Tried Esc, LMB, mouse wheel, various hot keys to break it.

Finally tried Alt+H to get the Help menu. That got me out but when I tried RMB on a texture again to see if it was repeatable, I got the error message below.

Rebooted. Tried again. Same result but now I couldn't get out at all.

Shall I put on BugTracker?

post-400-1210529403_thumb.jpg

To add to that, maybe related, there was a feature 'seek texture in media browser' but I can't remember where. Was that RMB in Texture Browser? Perhaps that was what I was subconciously trying to get to with the above error. I just can't remember if that feature is somewhere else.

Latest version of my map crashes DR 096 when DR first opened (with map autoloading) I could halt its loading with the cancel dialog (later tests I couldn't stop it in time and had to rename the map in Explorer to stop it loading) Once DR is running I open an earlier version OK. Then open the 'bad' map and it is OK. It seems only if it opens with DR it crashes DR. If I resave the 'bad' map with a new name, close DR, re-open, it crashes.

In Task Manager while trying to close the crashed DR I could see two copies of DR but only one is open (several tests I'm certain I've not opened two)

Earlier version is only an hour or two behind and as I recall all I've done is adjust some brush alignments, grid snapping, etc. adjusted some brush sizes, texture alignments, added visportals.

This is the map I'm getting node without volume errors and quite a few brushes not rendering at all. But that is true of the earlier version too.

No need to re-save. Just open it then close DR. You need the 'load last map on opening' preference set. Next time DR opens it crashes.

But stand by. The previous version of my map which opened fine this morning when I tested it several times is now showing the same symptoms. How can it be OK before but not now? The map and all its associated files are timed at 15:30 -ish yesterday afternoon. There is no change. Furthermore, for certain I opened this map yesterday evening OK. Did more work on it and saved with a new name. And it was OK this morning. Now an hour or so later its crashing DR.

I'm doing some more testing with other maps see if I can narrow it down. Thief's Den seems OK. I'll work back over my versions. And I'll also try the 'bad' maps with 094.

I've tracked this back and can see now it's ALL maps saved by 096. I don't see any way to send a sample file so I've uploaded e27.rar with one of the map files to my betamapper repository, its darkradiant file plus thrown in my user.xml for good measure. These were all working fine over the last few days up until last night.

Ah! I renamed the darkradiant file which seems to hold layers info (though I've not set any except a quick test when first installed 096) and that stopped the crash. So its something to do with that layers file. Though why it suddenly started affected ALL previous maps I don't know. Maybe something in the user file.

Here's the link...

https://darkmod.homelinux.com/contributor/b.../Fidcal/e27.rar

Ok, thanks a lot for testing! Please add that stuff to the bugtracker, I'll try to look into it soon. I intended to reorganise the Layer saving anyway, but for now I'll look for a quick fix for that.