The Dark Mod Forums

Itches, Glitches & Anything Else...

I suspect the 128 was caused by me mucking around blindly without knowing what I was doing, and inadvertently committing the results. I suspect that there should be no multiplication by any factor, and the only change needed (if any) is the sign.

I had another idea today:

If anyone has ever used macromedia flash you know about the 'snap to' option. This option makes it so if you are + - a length to another line you automatically snap to either the line or the edge of the line. This would be really cool to have as an option to enable / disable and change the snap length for DR.

Imagine having 2 walls of equal length, to make a roof all you have to do is click in the general vicinity of the top left and then drag to the bottom right on the top view. Easy peasy :)

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to disable the locking some windows do?

For example when you bring up the create model window you have to close it before you can do anything else.

However

If you bring up the entity properties you can work while it's open. I prefer this method to the locking method.

Got a new issue, after building the latest source checkout, and setting DR to use split view, the ortho views are all X/Y. If I change it to the way it was, upon restart the views are all back to the way they were before, IE DR isn't saving my settings in this regard.

Anyone else having this issue or should I recheck and rebuild again?

I'm running in Admin mode, on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 32 bit DarkRadiant

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I'm not sure if this is for two monitors or one but I'm using two.

Make a sound entity

s_shader click choose sound and move the window so it's infront of entity. Open something else like firefox and setfocus on firefox. Go back and click on DR anbd the choose sound window will be stuck behind the entity properties window. If it's all the way behind you have to restart all of DR.

Does it happen in the most recent version too?

(As I'm not a company, I can't really offer support for any version but the latest, unless there are strong reasons. Supporting the old versions is possible through SVN, but it's a hassle and much more time-consuming for me.)

I must be misunderstanding this question. All of the dialogs have done this in every version since DR began both in XP and Vista. I get this every day. Always remember to close a dialog before switching to another program. Problem is say one is using the objectives editor and 3 or 4 dialogs deep but have to refer to something to copy you'd have to keep closing them all and opening them all again.

The workaround is to double click the DR icon in the taskbar which I think you told me greebo. I thought everybody had this. Maybe most people focus mostly on DR and don't switch to other programs or maybe if they have a dialog open they always finish it first.

It's depending on the layout you're using. I didn't have this problem since switching to Embedded, as there are no 5 floating top-level windows fighting for focus anymore.

The version question: between release versions there are almost always some code changes to the UI code, so there's always the chance that something got broken or fixed along the lines.

Here's some screenshots of the issue I'm having:

First time opening Radiant:

43134749.jpg

After adjusting the ortho views back to the way they were:

49131641.jpg

After saving my map, closing DR, and then opening it again:

34904936.jpg

No errors show up in the Console either about this. I've attached my console log file just to be sure.

darkradiant.txt

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

If you change a classname it moves it to the default layer. I'm guessing the code calls a create entity routine (which defaults to the default layer) and copies any existing spawnargs over. Shall I add to tracker?

Yes. Regular create entity defaults to the "Default" layer. Changing classnames does indeed use the create entity routine.

Where are the settings saved for each viewport? It's not in the user.xml file. Is it in the registry?

The pane position is stored in the registry, but no information about the type (XY, XZ, YZ) is stored anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to be a bother, but how's the 3d lighting render coming?

I noticed on the latest version (1.3.1) the decals are much better than before but there's a strange cutting at some of the brushes.

capturelae.jpg

There's nothing between these brushes not even a space but the caulk texture is showing through. I've tried snapping to grid just to make sure, no spacing at all.

Let me know if I should report this on the bug site.

edit: I've just noticed that the lines go away if u select a brush that is near them, but as soon as you deselect that brush the lines re appear: See this link for two images displaying this action:

http://img210.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=capture1f.jpg

I noticed on the latest version (1.3.1) the decals are much better than before
Agreed. I was doing a bit of griming yesterday and it was far better even than it used to be. I was too busy to properly study it but it speeded things up a lot. Proper transparency. I had some flickering because my decals were flush but that's to be expected. Good job.

I've noticed things shift around like the pics I posted show when entities are selected too. Selecting appears to quash the problem but as soon as nothings selected things shift like 1 unit.

Also I just had an idea. Would it be possible for the decal tool to create the decal .125 units away from whichever direction the brush face is facing? That would speed up decaling. :)

Well not all decals want that - some should be flush with the surface. Generally those blend smudges like the torch smut or stains should be flush because they blend with the surface but dirt etc wants to be moved out a fraction.

Well not all decals want that - some should be flush with the surface. Generally those blend smudges like the torch smut or stains should be flush because they blend with the surface but dirt etc wants to be moved out a fraction.

What do you mean? Whenever I have a decal in a brush I get face fighting.

I don't mean to be a bother, but how's the 3d lighting render coming?

The truth is it's not coming along at all...

It's in need of a full rewrite which I estimate to take one or two months of straight coding with no distractions. You can probably estimate for yourself how likely that is in my situation.