The Dark Mod Forums

Squawks

Domarius

She told me in person that she'll do whatever it is that needs doing, she just wanted to experiment for a while, with the dragon thing.

So she wants to help, so we can give her tasks now :)

I'll get her set up with Doom 3 and the mod, and CVS.

Why does she not speek herself? And how do you plan to set her up with CVS? If she is doing modelling, she wouldn't even need this at this point, as we have yet to see some task performed. My understanding was that contributors wont get access until they have shown what the can do.

Gerhard

Only full team members get access to CVS. Contributors aren't even supposed to get access to the alpha build unless it's absolutely necessary for their contribution.

Why does she not speek herself?
She's shy :D Okay, truth is, she said she'd update the forum with the news, in the evening, rather than log in at work, but I was so eager to inform you guys that I just told her I'd do it during lunch. So she didn't update it herself. She can say so for herself if you REALLY want :)

Basically I wanted to see if there was a task ready for her right now. Do you want me to pick something from the list of models that need doing and just tell her which one to do?

And how do you plan to set her up with CVS? If she is doing modelling, she wouldn't even need this at this point, as we have yet to see some task performed. My understanding was that contributors wont get access until they have shown what the can do.

Oops, my bad. I mean I'll set her up with everything she needs.

She's shy :D Okay, truth is, she said she'd update the forum with the news, in the evening, rather than log in at work, but I was so eager to inform you guys that I just told her I'd do it during lunch. So she didn't update it herself. She can say so for herself if you REALLY want :)

Well, you need to consider the impression that this makes for us. So we have a contributor applying for a job, but he doesn't even speak to us. What would YOU expect from such a contributor? The logical conclusion is, that a contributor who can't even be bothered to tell us what he can do at the very start (that's when you are probably most motivated), will do even less over time.

Gerhard

Do you want me to pick something from the list of models that need doing and just tell her which one to do?

No, that's my job (or BT's when he's around). But I'd rather talk to her about it directly so I can find out what kinds of things she would prefer to work on.

Most of us anyway :D Spar didn't read my post properly I guess.

...can't even be bothered to tell us what he can do at the very start...

What can she do? Modelling. Thought that was obvious :)

And I said, I just told her I would post for her earlier than she was going to otherwise. Not that she didn't want to speak.

She'll get back to you guys in a day or so. (She's sick today)

I did ready your post properly. My point was, that we asked here some questions, which apparently never got answered. I know that she can model. You may have noticed that I even answered on one of her models so I already knew that part. A team member is not only expected to be able to do his stuff, we would also like to know how much time he can contribute and if he can do other things as well.

Gerhard

I did ready your post properly. My point was, that we asked here some questions, which apparently never got answered. I know that she can model. You may have noticed that I even answered on one of her models so I already knew that part. A team member is not only expected to be able to do his stuff, we would also like to know how much time he can contribute and if he can do other things as well.

Spar I'm not lazy or unmotivated I want to work on this , I create stuff all day and night because I'd rather be doing something creative then wasting my time , I'm onto my 3rd 250gig external drive of artwork. I tend to get carried away some nights and will forget to post a reply. If you give me some things to do I can get started on them but till then i'm still making my own monsters until you want me to do something.I can also do environments as well.

I can do what you guys want me to do( i enjoy creating, so it doesn't matter what you want me to make i will do it, probably generally prefer characters), I don't hang around forums alot cos most the time i'm doing my own artwork at the same time and I don't log onto it at work because if i do the ceo will think thats all i do all day :P

I thought clint could let you know things cos was just easy sit next to me at work an on the forums. No need to get up in arms about my forum habits, you can always email me or msn which is most time easier because its direct contact rather then stickynotes. shannon.kirsten@gmail.com is new one or msn is kirsten@ashaki.org. My main mail account Kirsten@ashaki.org is dead because an overload of spam so works for msn but don't bother emailing that account cos i'll never recieve it.

time i contribute would usually be weekends and some weeknights , depending if i have my own contract work to finish.

I can only check forums after work too. And i'm still figuring out where everything is meant to be posted so don't eat me >.>

Well, Spring, can you assign some modelling to her? I should think we have enough on the plate to make any modeller happy. :) We definitely could use additional human models, as we are rather short on them.

@Squawks, I don't have a problem with people posting not so frequently. We have others as well who silently work ayway which is better than posting to much and not doing anything. :)

Gerhard

Ok, Squawks, there are a number of character models that we still need. We are basing all of our human models on the same basic template, so that they can share the same skeleton and animations. Domarius can probably provide you with the templates, but if not let me know and I'll track them down for you.

I'll give you a choice of a few different characters so you can pick one you're interested in (some of these were partially done in the past but either never completed or didn't use the template). Each one links to the concept art. We need:

Male Nobleman

Male Amatuer Guard

Female Wench

Generic Male Townsfolk

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Wasn't the nobleman already done? Forgot his name. Or did he only show the screenshots and not pass on the model? As far as I remember, he was pretty far ahead with it already.

Someone did do one, but it didn't use the templates. We hadn't settled that at the time. Probably best to let squawks make new models based on our templates so they can use the same skeletons and animations.

Link to the templates. :)

http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/models/Ch...s/templates.zip

You guys should know that Squawks is also a fairly proficient animator :)

I was just thinking - if she wants to animate her characters, then it could be best to let an artist finish their whole creation - but ideally, the best use of time is if she just models them and I animate. Both of us can animate, but she is a much faster and better modeller than me.

You guys should know that Squawks is also a fairly proficient animator :)

That's good news. :)

I was just thinking - if she wants to animate her characters, then it could be best to let an artist finish their whole creation - but ideally, the best use of time is if she just models them and I animate. Both of us can animate, but she is a much faster and better modeller than me.

You must know best what workflow works best. If she is good at animation though we can certainly use that skills, as one animator with only a small amount of time is not THAT much.

Gerhard

Right now we have two and a half animators and NO character modelers, so the latter is more valuable at present.

If she wants to add some animations to the character when it's finished, that's great, since we can then share them with our other models.

But first things first.

That's great. If she can double as a barmaid type character, even better.

Domarius, can you give her the (updated) template?