The Dark Mod Forums

Whore/Barmaid model

squawks

Looks like I was right - it turned out to be far better to just use the models as a visual reference and build from scratch. :)

The skeleton can be imported but will have to be re-rigged anyway.

Probably the only circumstances where you'd use an existing mesh is if you're just making tweaks to it, or your model shares whole parts that are nearly identical, so you can cut them off and use them.

But any good topology, to be poly efficient, and manageable, is cusomised for that specific model. So in the case of the whore, where the face is different, and the body shape is different - that's a new topology.

Hi guys!,

I thought i might post up my progress on the "streetworker" character so far. The weekend I'll be doing up the clothing style etc and hair planes. This is the higher Poly version for the normal map, I'm going to test it out later on low poly version see whether i want to take it through zbrush for more detail or not.

Meet Ola Borkowski or "Ola la" if you wanna be corny :laugh:

I've just used templates more as reference then hacking them up etc easier to remodel then try re-edit things xD I'll do same with males ones too so if you want any of the high poly versions i do for future templates that's cool with me just have to ask.

Anyway this is how the highpoly version is coming along, none of the textures are finished just placeholder for now. In terms of style I'm thinking of making her very dirty/poor rips and that in clothes, maybe her corset isn't even done up very well cos she just realises it'll be coming off again in the next 30mins as she waits for more clients. So I think her corset will be very half arsed done up cos she sees no point in making it difficult to remove.

Uhh sorry if i post in wrong area, so many places to go i get confused :(

ola2cqr6.th.jpg

*quick edit reposted pic with slighlty improved facial skin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good so far. Just keep in mind that the more you can do with textures, the better, so that the model is as versatile as possible.

Also, don't know how closely you intend to follow those ref pics, but that kind of severe corset wouldn't really fit the setting. A normal corset is fine, but we don't need her breaking any ribs. :)

Looking good so far. Just keep in mind that the more you can do with textures, the better, so that the model is as versatile as possible.

Also, don't know how closely you intend to follow those ref pics, but that kind of severe corset wouldn't really fit the setting. A normal corset is fine, but we don't need her breaking any ribs. :)

Yeah i was thinking of actually having the corset fairly loose because she feels it is waste of her time to do it up properly . it'll fit in when i'm done. The texture just placeholder atm, probably end up making lot more detail in it. Reason i chose that corset is it was closer style to 16th century clothing. It won't be tied up tight it'll be loose and worn looking. :)

Yeah you guys see models this good every day... Come ON - What's with the lacklustre response?? :D

The face looks like one of those "selling shots" they render of a female face to advertise their cool 3D application.

She modelled in all the "details" for fun; the unessecary polys will be removed when the clothes go on. :)

Yeah you guys see models this good every day... Come ON - What's with the lacklustre response?? :D

The face looks like one of those "selling shots" they render of a female face to advertise their cool 3D application.

She modelled in all the "details" for fun; the unessecary polys will be removed when the clothes go on. :)

I'm a man of few words. There's a whore lot that could be said about this model, but I'll let it speak for itself.

lol I'm gonna work on texture some more not happy with it needs to be more skin like xD

Looks good. I especially like her lips and the backside also looks very nice, but we would need a closer look to get a better judgment of the model. Of course the closeup is only required for artistic purposes *cough*. :)

How do i upload a zip/rar of closeup images? I'm getting this error "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that file extension."

I hope she's going to have some hair. Bald women aren't really my thing.

Keep the details. Hopefully that cretin Jack Thomson will get on the case and give TDM loads of free publicity.

Besides, I would like to use the nude model for, erm, developing my animation skills. Yes, that's it.

Yeah you guys see models this good every day... Come ON - What's with the lacklustre response??

:huh: High poly render shots always look good. It's how it looks when it's low poly and in game that really matters.

Well, speak for yourself. My renders never look that fucking good, no matter how many polys they have. :P That render illustrates a level of skill that will have some impact on how good it looks in-game. Besides, a lot of the work there is in the texture, which is going to be used in the game as it is.

Woah Squawks, looks like you brought out some prospective animators!

Hehe.

Man, we must have a whole lot of people on this team who aren't getting any at home....

:rolleyes:

Reason i chose that corset is it was closer style to 16th century clothing.

Actually, those hourglass corsets with the ridiculously small waists are from the late 1800s, which is too late for our setting. Something more like this:

http://laracorsets.com/images/things.I.bui...0bodice%20a.jpg

would be ideal.

Jeez, you guys. There's so much testosterone in this thread I wouldn't be surprised if you scared her away. Quit it. :rolleyes:

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.