The Dark Mod Forums

@oddity: Debate About Human Vs. Animal Superiority

Gildoran

What's the point of mating? People think it's kind of mandatory, but isn't it just a choice like owning a yacht?

If you successfully mate, you have much more of your live. You get kids. Wonderfull little kids. They shout at you at their top of the lungs all day long, and even in the night they keep you awake. You have so much more of your day, since there is no way that you can simply take a nap or properly sleep at night, so that your day is much longer which means you have MORE from your live, then missing all that time while you would be asleep.

Gerhard

Must propagate superior genes!!!

There's no way to be sure what qualities will be most suitable for optimal survival in the near future, and change in society is accelerating.

In other areas of the world (other than the U.S.), is it seen as odd to have an extremely mild desire to have sex? Here in America, you are severely chastised for expressing such a feeling.
Is it allright then to express a feeling that one wants to fuck anything with curves within sight. No chastising?

I have plenty of nieces and nephews, so I get to do all the fun stuff with them, but have none of the responsibility.

Perfik.

When you think about it, they have virtually the same slice of DNA that my own kids would have anyway.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

There's no way to be sure what qualities will be most suitable for optimal survival in the near future, and change in society is accelerating.

I'm pretty sure the ability to trick a member of the opposite sex into exposing their genitals to you will still be optimal for survival many generations into the future.

That depends how aggressive the members of the opposite sex are when they realise they've been tricked...

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.