The Dark Mod Forums

Wanna Help

Lord Vergider

I want to help by mapping and i have gtkradiant experience its basicly the same but i have no thiefish textures =( I will make an example map of my abitlities but i dont have textures and im a bit busy today. if there is a texture pack somewere id like to know

Thanks

-Lord Vergider, The lit torch

Funny last words:

-Lets split up, we'll cover more ground...

-Hey yall watch this!

-The odds of that happening have to be a million to one!

-Why is the rest of the Star Trek landing party wearing a different color?

-Pull the pin and count to what?

-Which wire was I supposed to cut?

-What duck?

and finaly:

"Why yes, a bullet-proof vest!"

(Last request before the firing squad.)

There are a few medieval type textures in the textures/hell directory - check them out, it should be enough for at least something that you could show. When picking beta mappers we more or less looks at if you have the style right etc, cos good textures is a hard thing to come by these days it seems. So please just make something medieval-ish etc so we can have a look :)

Well, realistically speaking, if you can map anything which is of decent detail etc then it should be enough, as you can easily get a feel for the right environments by playing thief (which you most probably have of course) so yeah. If you can map then just plop together an example map and we'll take a look :)

ok btw is it suposed to show up as "shader not found" in darkradiant when looking threw textures cause like 90% of them do for me...

Funny last words:

-Hey yall watch this!

-What duck?

and finaly:

I think the original materials were not very clean. There is somewhere a mod which cleaned up the materials a bit. I never used it because I was not sure wether it really works, as I couldn't figure out which one the latest version was supposed to be. Well, I didn't really look that hard for it. :)

Gerhard

If you don't have the Dark Mod files (which are unavailable to the public) all the Dark Mod related textures will show up not found.

im talking about the normall doom textures

Funny last words:

-Hey yall watch this!

-What duck?

and finaly:

You probably haven't set up Darkradiant with the D3 resources.

To be honest I'd start off with D3ed as it's complete and you won't get stuck on hurdles that exist as DR isn't finished.

D3ed is run by shortcut with the target:

C:\doom3\DOOM3.exe +editor [+set fs_game darkmod]*

*Sorry that's for when you have the darkmod itself. Ignore that bit.

To be honest I'd start off with D3ed as it's complete and you won't get stuck on hurdles that exist as DR isn't finished.

I would have to disagree with that suggestion. We need people to forge through with Dark Radiant, that's part of what we expect from our Beta Mappers. It's not simply that we want beta mappers to produce content, it's how they produce the content and what they need to produce further content. I have a feeling that a lot of beta mappers simply give up, because they felt Dark Radiant was a pile of unfinished junk. Well, it is unfinished...but it's certainly no junk. :) Do as much as you can with DR, and tell us what you can't do that doomED can. There is a lot of functionality built into DR that DoomED doesn't have....a 'nice' model viewer and skins viewer for example. :)

would it be a problem if i had darkradiant befor i installed doom3 i had forgoten to reinstal doom 3 first but i instaled later and thats when i had the not found problem.

edit: i uninstaled and reinstaled it still has same problem. but some worked before and still do but only like 1 hell texture shows up in darkradient oh well ill live

Edited by Lord Vergider

Funny last words:

-Hey yall watch this!

-What duck?

and finaly:

I would have to disagree with that suggestion. We need people to forge through with Dark Radiant, that's part of what we expect from our Beta Mappers. It's not simply that we want beta mappers to produce content, it's how they produce the content and what they need to produce further content. I have a feeling that a lot of beta mappers simply give up, because they felt Dark Radiant was a pile of unfinished junk. Well, it is unfinished...but it's certainly no junk. :) Do as much as you can with DR, and tell us what you can't do that doomED can. There is a lot of functionality built into DR that DoomED doesn't have....a 'nice' model viewer and skins viewer for example. :)

I have to agree with you in that, im not use Dark Radiant as i should be, but that doesn not mean i give up the mod because of that, in fact i use boths editors at this stage, for new mappers my advice is switch from the doom editor to the Darkr Radiant when you think you are ready, sorry if this is not the thought of developers of The TDM, but my experience tell me to do that.