The Dark Mod Forums

Help In Thief 1

Aceyalone

Guys I am having this question since 1998 when Thief came. So I found it was a good chance to ask...

At Thief 1, at the third mission (currently I cant recall the name) you seem to find some golden bones that can also be picked up and added in your inventory. Well I think I have found 5 or 4 of the bones but I was still missing 1 or 2 to complete a golden skeleton. Well the other parts really exist? And if they do where on earth are they and what is supposed to happen after you find them?...

That's the Bonehoard level, my favourite mission in the game.

I specifically remember that you don't actually have a full set when you have them all. There are something like 4 parts, maybe 5. I'm pretty sure one of them is right in the room with the sarcophagus you throw them in.

The room is below the room with a hammer shaped lighted area on the floor that is all trap plates.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

It had to happen ... the day they started coming to the TDM forum to ask for Thief hints.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

It had to happen ... the day they started coming to the TDM forum to ask for Thief hints.

This would be a good thing. :) I expect (and hope!) we'll see more and more of a community growing up here as time goes on.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Really I dont think its a bad thing discussing about Thief! Besides its an off-topic section!!!

Unless it would seem better discussing about Unreal Tournament...LOLz :P

Discussing about this game just keeps the spirit alive and reminds us that most of all, we are still gamers and love that game...!!!

God I think I am gonna cry :rolleyes::rolleyes:^_^

Heh...! :D

Aceyalone, IIRC there is also a secret level in "The Bonehoard" that you can only access in the expert level setting. Don't ask me more, its been years since I played that FM, but someone else here could elaborate. Oh, and don't forget that one of those golden bones is a skull and the other a ribcage.

Edited by Maximius

Aceyalone, IIRC there is also a secret level in "The Bonehoard" that you can only access in the expert level setting. Don't ask me more, its been years since I played that FM, but someone else here could elaborate.

GOD JESUS! GUYS WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO MEEEE??? WHYYYY?

I CANT PLAY THIEF 1 & 2 ANY MORE DUE TO F@C%N VISTA! AND NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT THERE IS SECRET LEVEL?? AAARGGGHHH!!!

Also at Thief Gold I have never been able to unlock The "Secret Blooper Mission" (or at least I think that how it was called) because my pc knowledge was limited to power on-power off at that time. And seems that I have lost Thief Gold. Heck couldnt I have lost my "Toca Race Driver"???

ehm ever heard of ... microsoft virtual pc :D you can install every operation system within another (not dual boot) Works fine, i've been able to install win95 within windows XP, all you have to have are the OS you want to install and a lot of RAM. So if you really wanted you could install windows 95 or 98 to run thief 1 :D, oh and the 2007 edition works under vista :D

Link to virtual pc download:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...pc/default.mspx,

Explination installing Win95 under virtual PC:

http://huguesjohnson.com/win2k/win95vpc.html

(works for all OS)

So... install and enjoy thief :D as you ought to enjoy it :D

Greetzzz!

"Curiouser and Curiouser" cried Alice!"

Well never heard of virual PC. Jesus Tnx!! I do have Win 98 and 2GB Ram!

However I shoud need nVidia Win 98 drivers right? Pretty sure that nVidia doest provide them throught their site but thats ok! Older drivers should be easy to find (I assume...)

Also heard that nvidia chipsets with the G80 processor will not run Thief but I think this is a fake information. I do have 7900GX2 but I still played Thief 2 at Vista (no matter that it was crashing after 2-3 seconds).

Tnx a lot, I owe you one!!! I will try and post the results!

Man this is my happiest day of my Vista-Life....

(Erm guys...., are u fully know what are u prosposing or I shall crap my PC?)

(Also I see nowhere Vista Home to be supported...Does this mean that I thought it WAS my happiest day of my Vista life???...)

Edited by Aceyalone

Well I am currently downloading vm Player!

Hoping all turns out well (the idea of having an OS inside an OS doesnt really comes well to my head)

Downloaded however not without probs.

Opening Vm Player ask for some VM Configuration file(s) with an extension of *.vmx files. Prob the site provides such files?

Edited by Aceyalone

It's going to freak you out for sure, then. :) It's more than OS in OS; vmware is a whole virtual machine. You'll see the whole system bootup process. You can run ubuntu (a linux distribution), DOS, etc. in there too, so it's not limited to MS windoze stuff. I've heard MS virtual PC has dropped linux support.

There are hundreds of virtualized images on their site, yes. Won't find windoze there, because it's not free of course, but you can install it and create the image yourself (I believe this is recently free as well).

Got confused, really!

I would stop posting for a while and do a little search but for first time I have convinced myself that I am going to keep my registry and temp - cookies files as intact as possible! Dont want downloading and doing things I am not familiar with! All such crap inevitabely lead to system break down and low speeds!

Plz post the steps I must take! I really believe that here a lot of Vista users there that are experiencing the same problems with me (not with Thief but with a bunch of games), only too bad that the post title is misleading and not as many will be helped!

If that's to me about vmware, I'm not sure I can be much help. I haven't built a vmware image myself, but have used the viewer. Supposedly you build the image just like you are installing an OS. Then using the viewer is a matter of opening it and loading the image. Beyond that, I don't know specifics, sorry.

I think David over at TTLG was able to run Thief 1 and 2 on windows vista with only a few minor setup twitches. Have you read his posting over there?

Nope! Gimme the link to get a look at that too!

Vm seems a little bit complicated since I never had any familiarisation over this topic and dont know what am I exactly supposed to do.

PS: On the contrary I recall now about an other game "Omikron:The Nomad Soul" (Hell 2nd Best Game Ever - after Thief of course.... :D). That game (1999) didnt run on XP so I at a latter effort I accidently installed it using "Medium Install" and the game worked just fine. Bet I will try that, but for now I am going out at a party...lol

PPS: Anyhow post me the link! It could prove helpful no matter what!

Edited by Aceyalone

Virtual PC by microsoft is basically vmware, except that its made by microsoft, so you can install any OS (virtually) you'll see the pc boot, it uses the drivers/hardware from your XP installation to simulate for example a 3DFX card (top of the line for win95) and a soundblaster AWE. If you follow the link on how to install win95 with virtual pc i gave, you are able to install any OS within virtual PC.

I would suggest virtual PC over VMWare, which i have used as well, only because the 2007 version is vista ready, whereas VMware isnt yet. And thats why i hinted to virtual PC :D :D

I would try installing it though eventhough you have the home edition.

Edited by MadhatteR
"Curiouser and Curiouser" cried Alice!"