The Dark Mod Forums

Looks Awesome!

Vega

The term "substandard" was my refering to the fact how people would perceive it, if we would release it in it's current buggy state. Not that they are substandard per se. :)

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Technically our AI are actually pretty darn good; they just need some bugfixing and tweaking before release. Which we're doing. So no sweat. :)

Anyway, I'm directly responsible for some of the bugs in the current implementation (comes from changing a system around and then not having the time to finish the task properly :(), so if I was insulting anyone's work (which I wasn't) then I would have been insulting myself equally. :D

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I should add: When I wrote "substandard", I wasn't comparing it to other stealth AIs; I was comparing it to what it could be (and almost certainly will be, given the combined talents of the programmers on this team) once we release. So by that definition, any pre-release AI is "substandard". :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

No problem Crispy, and thanks for clarifying. I was being oversensitive I guess. I guess I'm just used to internet projects where everybody tries to prove how smart they are by rejecting all previous work. I jumped the gun when I inferred thats what you were getting at, and it was unfair of me. Its been good to have you on the team.

I guess I'm just used to internet projects where everybody tries to prove how smart they are by rejecting all previous work.

I know what you mean.

Its been good to have you on the team.

Well, thanks. :) And likewise. The AI would be miles behind where it is now if it wasn't for your work on it, and we all know that AI is very important in a singleplayer stealth game.

Group hug!

• 2 weeks later...

Today I casually took a look at the posted screenshots. They are amazing! You guys are already setting the bar so high, I have no hope of reaching it...but I'll still try! There is a ton of artistic talent here and this is going to be a huge success. Great, great work. The Builder will be pleased.

- eep!

It pays to be nuts, unless you live with squirrels.

• 4 weeks later...

Long time thief fan here. I've basically been obsessed with the thief universe since I got my 2 level demo of T:TDP from PCGamer BEFORE it was released.

Oh my honey sweet goodness... It all looks amazing. I love the idea of a few more factions to handle. The inventors guild I love most, I think (I am a man of science, myself). So keep up the good work...

Any plans to release any of the test maps? Mostly so the public could get a feel for whats being done in a hands on sort of way... Beta feedback? It could benefit you guys a ton, and I'd be more than happy to test it out. I am quite the experienced sneaksie man. I inhaled T:DS in four days when I bought it. :)

Keep chugging! I havent purchased d3, but will definitely do so so I can play!

• 1 year later...