The Dark Mod Forums

Small Folder Structure Adjustment

Schatten

And what soundfiles are those? 160GB is quite a lot

160 MB :)

The archives include the complete sound folder, as per the new structure. Also the modified soundshaders, gui and def files. I included the complete guis and def folders, since I wanted to avoid confusion in case synchronization will delete non-existing files from the repository.

I'd be happy to do that. So I shove these files into the darkmod/sound/ folder and sync up? Are there any files that will be replaced by this update on purpose?

I'll go ahead and download this bunch.

Thanks!

You'll have to mind a few things when synching:

I build this with the files of the 0.004 alpha, so don't overwrite def or gui files changed since the release. I'll have to adjust those manually.

The /sound/ folder content of the zip completely replaces the existing structure, so you might want to remove the original contents first to avoid redundant file entries.

Did you do any processing to existing sounds or did you just move them? This is important to know because I can SVN>Move them if the latter is the case. That way the SVN log history for these files will not break.

I saw that you converted some WAVs into OGGs, those will of course be replaced.

Ok, this is done. I noticed some things:

• There is a double definition (doorhandle1) in tdm_sfx_world.sndshd, which was not in the repository version (before the merge). You might have a look at that again.
  • There are references to a sound/sfx/haunt/ folder which doesn't exist in our repository (tdm_ai_revenant.sndshd).
  • tdm_loot.def has empty snd_acquire keys (repository), yours has a snd_acquire set. I didn't replace the repository version yet, because there is a comment saying that this should stay empty? I'm confused here.
  • I couldn't compare func.def because of inconsistent newlines in your file
  • Were there any changes in the gui/ folder? I couldn't find any from looking over the GUIs, therefore I didn't merge anything from this directory.
  • Dude, your .def files are two months old! I hope I didn't overlook any changes.

Ok, this is done. I noticed some things:

There is a double definition (doorhandle1) in tdm_sfx_world.sndshd, which was not in the repository version (before the merge). You might have a look at that again.

I will have a look at it, although this is strange: I didn't add any definitions, I just did a search/replace job.

There are references to a sound/sfx/haunt/ folder which doesn't exist in our repository (tdm_ai_revenant.sndshd).

These have been in the shader as it shipped with the alpha release. Since they didn't have a corresponding file, they fell under my radar - if this folder exists on SVN and wasn't included in the release, I need more info on this, since I'll have to integrate it into the new folder structure.

tdm_loot.def has empty snd_acquire keys (repository), yours has a snd_acquire set. I didn't replace the repository version yet, because there is a comment saying that this should stay empty? I'm confused here.

Uh, count me confused, too. The sound is set in the shader that came with the alpha - is somebody working on this def at the moment?

I couldn't compare func.def because of inconsistent newlines in your file

Again, this is how the file looks in the alpha release. I haven't modified it.

Were there any changes in the gui/ folder? I couldn't find any from looking over the GUIs, therefore I didn't merge anything from this directory.

I included the complete directories, because I don't know how SVN works. I know repository systems that will delete a file from the repository if a folder is updated and the file isn't present in the update. I thought better safe than sorry. Anyways, these gui definitions used sound files from the old structure, hence I changed the file path in them to the new sound locations:

mainmenu.gui

mainmenu_bak.gui

menu_blendtest.gui

menu_blendtest2.gui

mission_failure.gui

restart.gui

Dude, your .def files are two months old! I hope I didn't overlook any changes.

I can only work with what I've got. :(