The Dark Mod Forums

New Mood Art

Springheel

Nope. Not only would cloaks not be practical thief-wear (they get snagged on things and knock things over), but they are a major pain in the ass to model.

(Though I do love the look of cloaks in general.)

:)

THat's another great piece. Reminds me a little of my NB pirate with the one piece mask and hood. Do you paint these digitally or the old fashioned way?

Cloaks are not hard to model, it's just animating them or a game engine that's the pain in the ass, especially for a game like this with all sorts of sneaking. crouching. mantling, and climbing.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Do you paint these digitally or the old fashioned way?

I do all my art digitally now, except for the occasional landscape piece in oil just for fun.

You know, I can't think of a 3d game that has characters with cloaks in it. Anyone know one?

well these are all 3rd-person games and it was nice to look at. but where're making a total 1st-person stealth game, so I think a cloak is really unnecessary.

anyway I think that springheel is right - it be would rather unpractical for a thief wearing a cloak. Imagine you're chased by a bunch of guards and suddenly your dead cool, black cloak is stuck into the door :lol:

Edited by BlackThief

well these are all 3rd-person games and it was nice to look at. but where're making a total 1st-person stealth game, so I think a cloak is really unnecessary.

anyway I think that springheel is right - it be would rather unpractical for a thief wearing a cloak. Imagine you're chased by a bunch of guards and suddenly you're dead cool, black cloak is stuck into the door :lol:

:lol: The guards pause to admire it...giving you time to free yourself and escape!

Nope. Not only would cloaks not be practical thief-wear (they get snagged on things and knock things over), but they are a major pain in the ass to model.

(Though I do love the look of cloaks in general.)

:)

I think the cloak is not for the on-the-job outfit - too impractical.

But I think it has it's place in cutsceans. He would wear it to be inconspicuous when amongst other people. Don't you think he'd attract too much attention in that get-up he wears when on the job?

But I think it has it's place in cutsceans. He would wear it to be inconspicuous when amongst other people. Don't you think he'd attract too much attention in that get-up he wears when on the job?

Granted. I think he would, as well as in the rain or other cold environments. Plus it makes figures MUCH easier to draw when they're wearing cloaks, as you can hide all the annoying details like limbs and stuff. ;)

For these pics I want to showcase as much of our character as possible. :)