The Dark Mod Forums

Blackjack

comp-music

Hi everybody,

Here the Blackjack Flesh

I suppose to care good about that sfx,coz this is the one of Base plyer weapons,

As usual no any kind of effect.In order to reach the best results i can edit from 1 to 1 million times

So plz listen good,

ftp://208.49.149.126/TheDarkMod/Sounds/sf...Blackjack-F.rar

http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/Sounds/sf...Blackjack-F.rar

Bye.

I will try to give some feedback to this, although I'm not a sound expert :)

First of all, they all sound like good impact sound effects. I think not all of them are suitable for flesh, but they are sure useful for other materials.

• 1.ogg: This sounds like it's hitting a rather hard surface, not exactly a head or a body, but a wall for example.
  • 2.ogg and 2_1-fast hit.ogg: This sounds like the blackjack hitting a large wooden barrel or a heavy box. I like the *thud* sound of it.
  • 3-short hit.ogg: This sounds exactly like hitting a guard over the head or on his body. That's perfect for me.
  • 4-good hit.ogg: This sounds like hitting some wooden crate again. It's perhaps a bit too much "cracking" to be used for a human hit.
  • 5.ogg: Perfect again for hitting a guard or another (human) creature.
  • 7-dry hit.ogg: Sounds good although I'm not sure for which material type this can be used for. Maybe when hitting a cloth or a heavy sack?
  • 8-hard hit.ogg: This is perfect for bashing doors or crates, I think.

Again, good work, it's really good quality. I'm personally curious how you record them in such a fast and quality way. :)

Thanx greebo for details,i made all kind of sounds coz i not sure what blackj here looks like,so i play with pitch some times coz that you hear hit like a door or another like a hard surface,i have over 1TB external HD of sound effect.this is my job greebo i'm a musician and i have my own studio so i can record any time or collect some samples together to make a new one or sometimes Start from the BEGINNING,you are really helper thanx again :)

You have your own studio? That's comfortable. :) I have some sort of "studio" as well, but it's really more a rehearsal room than for recording serious stuff:

cafeorangety4.th.jpg

It's really a mess but I guess that's normal for such a room :)

Concerning the blackjack: I don't know if it helps to see a screenshot of the blackjack, but I'll post it anyway. It's mostly a leather sack filled with some heavy material:

blackjack.jpg

I haven't had a chance to listen to your new sounds yet, but I'm sure they're great! :)

I noticed you were remaking the footsteps. I initially wanted to avoid doing that, since the T2X footsteps had that familiar Thief sound to them, but it's all good if you do remake them. :) They will be our own then.

One small request. Since I haven't heard them yet, I don't know if they do this...but one main reason I didn't like using Theo's footstep sounds is that they didn't have that Thiefy style to them. Theo's footsteps simply went... Clunk clunk clunk, but the Thief sounds had a nice 'heel toe' sound...more like, ker - clunk. :) I'm sure your footsteps are awesome.

-Theo..........with a little adjustment The Footsteps Is "GOOD"

but one main reason I didn't like using Theo's footstep sounds is that they didn't have that Thiefy style to them. Theo's footsteps simply went... Clunk clunk clunk, but the Thief sounds had a nice 'heel toe' sound...more like, ker - clunk.

I'm totally agree "New Horizon"as i said b4 i can adjustment-add "our" thief style,

I want to discuss something with you,"Schatten" and "pak" but i prefer to finished Bj sounds first,because i really feel that there are some things had been completed"

After several years of work is not difficult to any human being evaluation himself,

i'm always delete bad sounds b4 i put them here, And in the end the whole things back to the team not to the person himself, plz listen to Bj.

Bye