The Dark Mod Forums

Compost

PinkDot

I'd prefer TDM to do some new shit, rather than reheat the old one.

Don't you have a feeling sometimes that you waste plenty of your precious time visiting this forum...?

At least I wasted your time as well though.

Not only mine, I think. People try to do something constructive here, you know... No need for demoralizing with your insults...

I've already done more than my fair share on this mod, so I won't have any of that shit from the likes of you.

Nyarlathotep, that's all very well, but since the main members of this mod have now been working on it for coming up on 3 years, and there's at least another year to go before any sort of release, do you really think they're going to have any incentive to carry on hanging around for another few years after that to make all these incremental releases you speak of to add all this cool stuff?

Sure, there are newer members who might last a bit longer, but with all the core members gone, I'm not sure how long it will last. I'd image a lot of the older members can't wait to see the back of this mod.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Nyarlathotep, that's all very well, but since the main members of this mod have now been working on it for coming up on 3 years, and there's at least another year to go before any sort of release, do you really think they're going to have any incentive to carry on hanging around for another few years after that to make all these incremental releases you speak of to add all this cool stuff?

Well Odd, I for one plan on staying the long haul ;) I'm sure other core members do too.

At least I wasted your time as well though.

:laugh:

Well Odd, I for one plan on staying the long haul ;) I'm sure other core members do too.

Yeah, me too. I'll be lurking around at the very least.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I know Nyarlathotep that suggestions are good. I was being sarcastic because it changed, from suggestions, to what jerks there are for not implementing the suggestions. Getting bent out of shape after receiving criticism can be a form of weakness so to speak.

Edited by jtbalogh

I've already done more than my fair share on this mod, so I won't have any of that shit from the likes of you.

Oh, I see - you've done enough to act like a sacred cow here... great...

That's about right boy, so let's have a bit less of that insolence.

I'm surprised we can't have this chat in person actually, everyone else from Poland seems to have moved into my town in the last few years. It must be getting pretty lonely over there.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I'm surprised we can't have this chat in person actually, everyone else from Poland seems to have moved into my town in the last few years. It must be getting pretty lonely over there.

It would be easier than you think, cause currently I live not that far away from you (Dublin). But don't even count on that - I'm not happy to go to the country where I could get beaten just for my origin... Very backward way of solving problems... And by looking at your style of being, aggresion and contempt is quite a normal thing there...

You really get a kick out of goading people, don't you oDDity?

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

You really get a kick out of goading people, don't you oDDity?

The amazing thing is that people continue to fall for it. In my experience, when somebody is clearly winding you up, the correct response is generally not "Why can't you just be nice?".

As I've said before, just imagine a smilie at the end of my posts, and it changes the whole context. :):):):laugh::rolleyes::wub:;)

Edited by N.H.

Just wanted to help oDD demonstrate what he means. I think I'll add a filter that automatically adds a smile to the end of every post odd makes.

- Emil Zola

character models site

The amazing thing is that people continue to fall for it. In my experience, when somebody is clearly winding you up, the correct response is generally not "Why can't you just be nice?".

Well, among plenty of artists I've met in my life (mostly while studying Arts), Oddity seems to be somewhere on the top of The Most Toffee-Nosed Ones, and such behaviour basically drives me crazy... But OK, I'll try to switch IGNORE button from now on.

(and BTW:acts of aggresion towards polish people in Northern Ireland are a fact, not just my conjucture based on Odd's words)

Well what do you expect. There's so many of you it's almost an invasion, so people feel threatened, and half of you can barely speak English, so that doesn't help so solve the issue.

- Emil Zola

character models site

There's so many of you it's almost an invasion, so people feel threatened

Well, your land is separated from our by the sea so we're definitely not interested in any kind of invading you... ;)

Seriously - I'm not blind and I can see some problems growing when there are too many imigrants. But what about more civilized methods? It was decision made by politicians to let us work there, so let politicians look after that issue, if it goes out of control. Vote for those who wants to close borders for us.

And why it's only Ulster fighting with us - a part of big and strong state. Why people in smaller Republic of Ireland are way more friendly towards other imigrants?

Were not used to immigrants here, this is not a multicultural society and never has been, plus I think you're exaggerating the number of attacks on Polish people, if you look at the total figures for violent crimes, only a small percentage of them are against immigrants, and they nearly all involve young people, mostly drunk.

There are not organised groups out to attack Polish people.

- Emil Zola

character models site

if you look at the total figures for violent crimes, only a small percentage of them are against immigrants,

How many violent attacks "against immigrants" are also committed by immigrants? If one were only to look at the victims, not the aggressors, this might give the impression that they were racist attacks when in fact it could be that immigrant communities have a higher crime rate in general.

Well of course, any attack on an immigrant is automatically seen as a racist attack, but I don't deny that there are young people in gangs who attack immigrants, simply because they're different and therefore have a target painted on them, but those same gangs will attack other gangs just as easily as any immigrants.

Show me anywhere in the Western world that doesn't have areas where there are gangs of youths roaming around causing trouble.

- Emil Zola

character models site

How many violent attacks "against immigrants" are also committed by immigrants? If one were only to look at the victims, not the aggressors, this might give the impression that they were racist attacks when in fact it could be that immigrant communities have a higher crime rate in general.

You seem to speak in general, while I have heard the facts - aggressors were British. There was not only a number of attacks against Poles (including setting on fire house with sleeping Polish people). It's permanent hostile atmosphere - signs on the shops with written "Poles out" etc... Recently there were established some institution supporting Poles in Ulster.

I don't think it's "two many cultures" problem. It's basically religion based problem. Northern Irish people are afraid that Poles - mostly catholics might want to support Irish catholics in the old catholics vs. protestansts conflict. That seems to me imaginary fear, cause those Poles are not interested in any way in being involved in political situation of the country they're living.

You seem to speak in general, while I have heard the facts - aggressors were British. There was not only a number of attacks against Poles (including setting on fire house with sleeping Polish people). It's permanent hostile atmosphere - signs on the shops with written "Poles out" etc... Recently there were established some institution supporting Poles in Ulster. untry they're living.

I think the major question is how many people are actually doing this kind of thing. If a very minor group doing these things, then they would still get a lot of attention of it, making it appear as if this were a major problem. I'm not saying that it isn't but it might not be such. As an example: Here in the local news there are a lot of news telling us that youngsters getting more agressive, and there is almost every day some story where one teenager robbed, hit or whatever another teenager. The impression is that teenagers are rather agressive these days. Some politicians, also put fuel to that particular fire because they want to establish some kind of Nazi regime again. But when I look at my personal experiences, the teenagers are quite normal and in many cases quite well behaved. Even the ones, where you might think, from the looks, that you should better not get in touch with them. And furthermore, if you look at the crimerate statistics, the picture is totally opposite, with the rate actually going down.

Gerhard