The Dark Mod Forums

ALT-TAB minor issue in DR

I noticed a minor problem in DR. When you have open several windows in DR, like rendering, and the various views, and the put some other app forward (like an editor for example). Now when you do ALT-TAB to switch back to DR, then only the last active window comes forward. IMO this usually happens when the windows are not properly parented to the main document window. I would expect that DR comes completely to the front with all it's windows and main window as the background.

Gerhard

The window system for DR is an ugly hack, with its "not quite MDI" child windows that don't behave as you would expect. Unfortunately since GTK does not support MDI, and nobody seems to want a GIMP-style multiple-window interface, I'm not sure what can be done about this.

Can you try to parent he childwindows to the mainframe? IMO this should resolve this. I had a similar issue in Java and at least there this was the case, because I created each window as a seperate window without a parent node. Just a guess, maybe this is already done, and GTK simply handles it wrong. It's not really a big deal, I just wanted to mention it, because I noticed it now several times.

Gerhard

I saw the same problem with my VC++ Studio Express, when I have the floating search window opened and do some Alt-TABbing. So this is not strictly a GTK problem it seems.

A similar problem is when i minimise all (window-m) the background image window stays displayed. Could be related i guess?

That's probably because it's a dialog window. Dialogs don't usually get minimised in my experience (although generally they also prevent the application itself from being minimised).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Ansome

Finally got my PC back from the shop after my SSD got corrupted a week ago and damaged my motherboard. Scary stuff, but thank goodness it happened right after two months of FM development instead of wiping all my work before I could release it. New SSD, repaired Motherboard and BIOS, and we're ready to start working on my second FM with some added version control in the cloud just to be safe!
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply