The Dark Mod Forums

The answers you've all been waiting for

Unstoppable

I wouldn't say that's true, what about big companies like Rockstar or Blizzard who keep pushing out games that are great.

Which game are those exactly?

Please don't mentioned the likes of GTA and WoW.

Those games designed specifically for 12 year old boys to drool over.

Those are exactly the sort of games I despise.

Example of a fun non-trendy game:

Penumbra

Yes, becasue it was knocked up by 4 regular guys, not a game development stuido with publishers to rim.

We'll see where it goes now that it's becoming commercial.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Well just because you despise GTA and wow doesn't mean that they were developed with the sole purpose of making money. Even though that is likely the case, you don't know that for sure and the quality of the GTA series is constantly improving. And wow has lots of players, even though I've never tried the game it seems like they put a lot of effort into making a game which would be really fun to a specific audience. I think is sound more like your angry at the videogame industry for not making games which appeal to you. Other than thief, what game do you like? Also I know Penumbra isn't a corporate game, but it's still a part of the video game industry.

The only other games apart from thief were Baldur's Gate and Gothic (not 3, it turned too commercial and user friendly)

The original Everquest way back at the start was a punishing and unforgiving game, and I enjoyed that for a 18 months as well.

MMOs these days are all fluffy cushions and concentrated fun that cater to retards who couldn't find their ass with both hands, so the sort of people that end up playing them are beneath contempt.

They all pay the same $$$ of course, and that's all that matters to the industry.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

What was that great movie where that guy could suddenly see aliens all around him but nobody else could see them? To everybody else they looked like normal human beings. I'm like that except I see crazy people.

Perhaps you should read that a few times, and ask yourself who is the crazy person?

I am back from vacation. Sigh I want to go away again already after only 1 day.

As for the movie its actually called "They Live" I have it on DVD. Searched for months to find it. Best Buy kept saying they had it in stock but no one could find it... Finally found it at the same best buy when I was looking for something else of course :P For some reason I didnt want to order it online :)

The problem with the games nowadays is the publishers(for the most part) not the game development houses per se. Although creativity seems to have really declined I cant say for sure whether it is the publishers only wanting mass appeal(Read moronic) or the developers just being lazy.

Of course if you cant find a publisher for your creative and interesting to avid gamers but not to the general public then I guess your screwed.

The consoles are to blame as well. Unless you have an established title you pretty much are forced to make it for the consoles(At least one) as well which really hurts the game for the pc.

Ok so they are ALL to blame.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on disk!

Oops bad sectors damn floppy's!

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm aaaaall outta bubblegum!"

I think Duke Nukem might have ripped off that line too.

Yea they did :)

I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on disk!

Oops bad sectors damn floppy's!