The Dark Mod Forums

joebarnin -New Coder

New Horizon

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use my SVN server.

Just create your own directory and upload it there. When you join the team you need to install SVN anyway, so it's not wasted. If you need help with that, just say so. I recommend using TortoiseSVN or a commandline client. RapidSVN did have some problems.

Just upload the dll in a pk4 and a testmap with instructions how to test it.

Gerhard

I'm familiar with TortoiseSVN (we use it at my job) so that works out. I've uploaded to /joebarnin/shop.pk4. This is a Doom3 mod. The purchase screen takes the place of the PDA (that's just temporary of course). So if you start a new D3 game you'll have to play far enough into it to get the PDA - just takes a couple of minutes. Then hit TAB and you should see the screen. (I did figure out how to get the screen to come up sooner, but it would then hang Doom3 and I hadn't figured out how to fix that yet).

To the same folder I also checked in the C++ files I modifed or created, if your interested.

BTW, when I opened up Loadout.h in Visual C++, I got an "inconsistent line endings" error. Completely, absolutely trivial, but it makes me wonder. What OS are you using?

Weird. I'm running XP Media Center Edition. I used Visual Studio .NET 2003 to edit the C++ files.

I'll fix for the highlighting problem.

I haven't had a chance to look yet (just got off work), but I just realised: This thread is in the Applicants forum and we gave the password info for our SVN server. Should we move this over to the Contributor forum? Or can each thread only be viewed by the particular person who's applying anyway?

Update: the Gold amount, Items for Sale, and Starting Equipment are now all read from the spawnargs on the worldspawn.

Still to do:

• Dynamic lists. I can think of three possibilities: a) live with current suboptimal listDef UI, B) figure out how to modify the listDef UI, or c) use my earlier proposal for lists.
  • Use the real GUI instead of my temporary one
  • Where to plug in the Shop (I like Ishtvan's idea of making it part of the main menu GUI)
  • Spawning the "bought" items when the mission actually starts

Nice to read that you're making progress. Keep it up! :)

I guess you will soon have access to the SVN repository to see how this can be incorporated into our codebase. Did you already send sparhawk your desired SVN password?

* Dynamic lists. I can think of three possibilities: a) live with current suboptimal listDef UI, figure out how to modify the listDef UI, or c) use my earlier proposal for lists.

Option a isn't really feasible. We need scrolling lists for the main menu as well. If we absolutely cannot do them, then we'll have to go with c, but I'm hoping there is something yet to be found. This is on my list as a summer project, so maybe we can compare notes.

Sorry I haven't had time to take a detailed look at what you have done, work has been crazy recently. It sounds like it's doing what we need though. :)

If you need help reading ahead in the map file before it's "officially" loaded, just let me know. I have some old code when sound propagation used to do that.

If you need help reading ahead in the map file before it's "officially" loaded, just let me know. I have some old code when sound propagation used to do that.

I could probably figure it out, but if you can get a hold of that code easily, I'll take it. Thanks!

*EDIT* Never mind, figured it out.