The Dark Mod Forums

My band has a chance to open for Aerosmith.

New Horizon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... What IF?! What would you do if you got chosen to open for AS? You must be getting nervous. If it was me... I'd probably throw up a half dozen times. :wacko:

good luck!

Edited by Lazarus

Ah. That would be why. Thanks Hewer.

Edit: Apparently the site is bitchy about cookies. How do I know if I have successfully voted?

Wow... What IF?! What would you do if you got chosen to open for AS? You must be getting nervous. If it was me... I'd probably throw up a half dozen times. :wacko:

Wait, people actually care about Aerosmith? Honestly, in NH's shoes, the only thing that'd make me (more) nervous is the size of the crowd, not the popularity of the trumped-up band I'm opening for.

Ah. That would be why. Thanks Hewer.

Edit: Apparently the site is bitchy about cookies. How do I know if I have successfully voted?

Wait, people actually care about Aerosmith? Honestly, in NH's shoes, the only thing that'd make me (more) nervous is the size of the crowd, not the popularity of the trumped-up band I'm opening for.

It will be a HUGE crowd...several thousand for a concert like this. I can't remember how many we had last year for the Black Eyed Peas, but it was big. Don't think I'll really be nervous. Once you know your material, it's all the same. :)

In my (limited) experience, I'm always nervous before going on stage in front of a really big crowd. Once I'm on, all that just goes away. It's actually kind of cool, and it helps get my head in the game.

It's really quite strange. Even at our first show I wasn't nervous, and that was over 6 years since I had last done anything on stage. It just all came back to me. :) Felt quite comfortable to be home on the stage again.

What I need to ask of everyone now, is to email your friends and ask them to vote for us as well. Show them the samples and explain that we have the opportunity to open for Aerosmith. :) We truly appreciate the help. We truly want to win this contest and get our music out there.

It's really quite strange. Even at our first show I wasn't nervous, and that was over 6 years since I had last done anything on stage. It just all came back to me. :) Felt quite comfortable to be home on the stage again.

I think some people just love the experience so they don't get nervous. Here we have these casting shows, and you can also see it there. Most are plain stupid, many are nervous, but a few seem to take it quite naturally. I never was such a type and also get nervous if I have to get in front of a crowd. Fortunately, once I start, then I get calm and everything is alright, but the worst thing is the waiting before it starts. :)

Not that I have to perform or scuh, but every now and then I have to give a technical presentation.

Gerhard

Small crowds of between 5-30 people make me extremely nervous, and I stay nervous the entire time. With massive, anonymous crowds though (say, 1-10k), I know if I don't get nervous beforehand, I won't give as good a performance, but it's virtually impossible for me to be nervous on stage either way.

Oh yeah, well I've voted 10 times now! (hopped on various library computers where I work!). If I keep it up, I should get in over 100 votes before the deadline!

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

Oh yeah, well I've voted 10 times now! (hopped on various library computers where I work!). If I keep it up, I should get in over 100 votes before the deadline!

Are those computers on a network though? If so, any votes beyond the first one will be filtered out by the voting system. You can only vote once a day on a network...the single IP is recorded. One vote a day is a big help though...and tell your friends about us...let them listen to us. If they like what they hear, have them vote for us once a day too. :)

oh poodoo! Then that brings me down to just 5. So, once from home and once from work per day will still help.

Are any of the other bands pretty well known? What I mean is, do you have a chance?

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

oh poodoo! Then that brings me down to just 5. So, once from home and once from work per day will still help.

Are any of the other bands pretty well known? What I mean is, do you have a chance?

Yup, we have a chance. It's for local bands only, and we're all on fairly equal footing. It's a fair race. :)

If it recognized your IP it will tell you. So as long as you see the voting screen, it will count, otherwise it will immediatly tell you that you have to come back 24 hours later.

Gerhard

If it recognized your IP it will tell you. So as long as you see the voting screen, it will count, otherwise it will immediatly tell you that you have to come back 24 hours later.

Nope, they have it setup so each computer takes on a cookie...it doesn't let you know by way of the IP. The ips are filtered silently. Some folks were clearing their cookies five or six times and thinking their votes were going through, but only the very first ones did. After 24 hours, the same ip will be counted again for one vote. Believe me, I've talked to the radio station and looked into the service they're using. :)

Just voted. Keep up the good work. I hope you win and I look forward to a website and some free MP3s!

Edit - Oh yeah cheers for moving my thread and setting me up in the applicant's board. I know its just you doing you're job but its greatly appreciated.