The Dark Mod Forums

2D and 3D Video Editing / Producing talent needed?

Lazarus

Laz here,

I'm sure you guys need another video done at some point. NH has spoken briefly with me about it. I'm willing to jump into any gameplay videos or w/e you have in mind to help things move forward. I like the one video you have floating around. I would like to talk to the producer of that video and swap ideas, visions, and techniques if possible.

Most of the programs I use are Adobe. After Effects is my main joy. Premiere Pro, and Photoshop. I have AutoDesk Maya 8.5, but my knowledge is limited to basic. I can also Mix and Edit Audio quite well. I use programs like Audition 2.0 and Soundforge.

Since I've been gone for a while, the editing software has improved greatly, and so the skills show the improvement also. Anyway, let me know how I can help.

:ph34r:

Edited by Lazarus

The only one I've seen is this one: TDM_final_Xvid.avi

If there is another video out there, I have not found it yet.

Edited by Lazarus

There are two, both of which you can get from www.shadowdarkkeep.com/essentials.htm. You've seen the newer, better one (although it's getting a little aged now). The first one is very old at this point, just a short teaser

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

WOW. That Vid is SLAMMIN!

Your reaction might be a little subdued now that you've seen it like a gajillian times, but for me on the 1st time... It's IMPRESSIVE! And doable on my end, so I know Drew and I pretty much walk the same hollowed ground. Sweet! :D

Well yeah, the video is cool, it's just that as far as the Dark Mod goes, there's very little in there but some still shots of models and test rooms, whereas in the second video there is a lot of actual gameplay.

The first vid was done by Tyrot and me. I gave him some guidlines for the pacing and the flow, but all in all, it was Tyrots work. The second vid was done by Drewb and NH. I would looking forward for a new video, but I'm not sure if we really have so much different stuff right now, that can be presented in a video at the moment. Still it would be fun to do another one. :)

Gerhard

Yeah, probably not yet, but maybe towards Christmas time or so, as a "gift" to the community, to look forward to the (hopefully) public release one year after that.

Yeah, probably not yet, but maybe towards Christmas time or so, as a "gift" to the community, to look forward to the (hopefully) public release one year after that.

It is my opinion that no video should be released. It's better if you guys spend that time either working or resting, getting some extra sleep and some hot cocoa.

It is my opinion that no video should be released. It's better if you guys spend that time either working or resting, getting some extra sleep and some hot cocoa.

I agree. The two videos suffice by far.

We had agreed that our next video release(s) would be simple, no bells or whistles gameplay demonstrations, which is I think what people outside the team generally prefer.

We had agreed that our next video release(s) would be simple, no bells or whistles gameplay demonstrations, which is I think what people outside the team generally prefer.

Yes, our next video will just be a very simple gameplay video, but I plan to do something else after that. Probably not until Christmas, but it would be nice to do another video that is more involved. They take some time to put together, but they don't take any resources away from the mod.