The Dark Mod Forums

Shrek 3

sparhawk

So I was in the mvoies yesterday and saw "Shrek 3" with my kids. I have a bit mixed feelings about it. I think it was not as good as the first ones, storywise. Not sure if it is really suitable for smaller kids. My son (5) was quite bored and started to run around. I can sympathise with that, because there are a lot of dialogues which smaller kids will probably not understand.

Apart from that, the texturing, modelling animations where great. Partially! Seems I can't enjoy animation movies, or movies with CG, without looking at the models and textures these days. :) On the big screen, the textures were quite good to see, and there were quite a few were I thought, I would like to have them for TDM. :) The animations were sometimes extremly well done. What I don't understand though is, that the animations for the same modells were sometimes extremly good, and at other times they sucked. As an example that I still have in memory, there was a scene with Prince Charming sitting on a horse close up. The movement of the horse and the prince was so naturally that you thought they were for real, but in the same sequence, only the next cut, the animation of the horse, when it rode away, was suddenly so bad that it looked like wood. This was quite often the way. I understand that efforts will be cut on stuff that is not so prominent on screen, but this was not the case. This happened quite a few times even with major modells on screen. It almost looked as if there were a few different animators with quite a different level of experience working on similar scenes.

All in all it was still a nice movie, and since it is raining most of the time here, it was still a good ride, but it still gave me the feeling that it could have been a bit better.

Gerhard

I was dissapointed - it didn't surprise me with the fast paced and original humour, and anachronisms, like the first and 2nd one. And the events were predictable and unsatisfying. Like the scene where they confuse Lancelot for Arthur. There were some funny moments though. But overall I got the impression they made it "because they had to", and it didn't have the time put into it to make it as good as the first two.

The last movie in any series is always crap. That's why it's the last one. ;)

I'm just thankful that this didn't happen to Shrek 2. Two decent movies is more than most franchises manage!

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Sorry to go off track slightly, but what films you guys looking forward to?

I was looking forward to Transformers then thought no my childhood will be spoilt by this as was Judge Dredd with Stallone. This means the only film of any interest is The Bourne Ultimatum. The trailers look very good and I enjoyed the other 2 films in the series.

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

I'm not looking forward to anything particularly. The only movies I hear about before they come out are generally crap/mediocre Hollywood flicks.

I'll probably end up watching all the remaining Harry Potter movies (once), just because I'm always curious to see how badly they've dismembered the books.

(It's the proverbial car crash, you can't help but look!)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

The only movie I'm looking forward to is the Harry Potter series. Considering that the first two installments were pretty good and the following ones were going down in quality, I don't think I should expect to much though. :)

I still have to watch Spiderman 3.

Gerhard

Forgot about Harold Potter. I enjoyed the 3rd one the most. I also liked the 1st one a lot too. The second one and the Goblet of Fire were my least favourites.

The Bourne Ultimatum is like the best of the other 2. I love the fight scenes in the Bourne films, they're so cool.

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"