The Dark Mod Forums

where to download mod?

reddog12578

I can't seem to find a download link anywhere for this mod, if anyone has one plz post.

Thankz

Sorry, the mod is not available for download as it's not finished yet. Tentative release of version 1.0 is December 2008.

Were you looking to help out? If so, we can open an application thread for you and you can show us some samples of your work.

The way it was talked about was thinking it was, my mistake. Working 46 hours a week and my skills are pretty limited, as far as I have gone is cfg, ini, dat, and very minor script editing to the gta games. Wish I could help out but don't know to much about coding.

We could use help in more areas than coding. We need assistance in modeling, textures, sound...etc.

Never modded with the doom 3 engine as I never did really care for it. Was kind of shamed of thief3 also, lacked everything the fan missions had in thief2. If there's any type of textures or sounds you need for the mod post a list and I will see what I can find, once I get a day off.

I'd deffinately like to see someone putting in time on quaility textures.

One thing I'd really like to see is a set of metal textures much like T2's for the Inventors. Panels and whatnot. Not the ArtDeco ones but the metal families like newmetal.grates, square metal plates, metal plates that only have ' binding' on the sides so they can tile up a tall wall but not be squares. Brass, copper, steel, ect... New, dirt, old

Stuff that could also be used on the machines as well as walls/floors.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Metal textures are quite welcome, but I want to quash the idea that inventors prefer to live in metal-clad rooms. Builders are the ones who see metal as a near-holy material, and are the ones who use it in their architecture. That said, Baddcog is quite right about needing more. :)

• 4 weeks later...
I'd deffinately like to see someone putting in time on quaility textures.

One thing I'd really like to see is a set of metal textures much like T2's for the Inventors. Panels and whatnot. Not the ArtDeco ones but the metal families like newmetal.grates, square metal plates, metal plates that only have ' binding' on the sides so they can tile up a tall wall but not be squares. Brass, copper, steel, ect... New, dirt, old

Stuff that could also be used on the machines as well as walls/floors.

If you could find some visual examples of what it is you want, not to copy but simply to provide inspiration, I would start on some metal textures. It would be a great primer for me to get into texturing my objects well. I could really use some experience drawing 2D designs for textures, learning GIMP better would not hurt at all.

This leads to some other questions I've had about copyright and such, right now I took down a design from the Web, a kind of scalloped shell design, and took it apart to use sections of it as a relief design on my axe. Is this cool? How much does something have to be changed to be legal and square?

Re the copyright question. In US law the standard for visual works is that the derivative work has the same "look and feel" as the original, pretty subjective standard ... except to say if you see it and it looks egregious, that's a red flag. If you can't really "see" the original in the derivative work, then it's on safer ground.

The best thing, of course, is to just stick to taking your own pictures or public domain works from the ground up and then you don't even have to ask the question.

That said, since there's nothing about displacing market value or unjust enrichment or anything like that involved, then there aren't damages ... so the main remedy is if the creator doesn't like it he can ask to take it out. Of course, consent is a total safe harbor if you just ask the owner of the website if you can use the design.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.