Arcturus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're taking requests, Arcturus, we could definitely use some very poor, dirty, textures for our slums map.

I don't think the brick+wood textures are useful, unless the player never sees them close.

It is apparent that the bricks don't line up with the wood, and nobody would put bricks into such a wood frame, anyway, as they are way to heavy and would excert too much force on the wood frame.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I don't think the brick+wood textures are useful, unless the player never sees them close.

It is apparent that the bricks don't line up with the wood, and nobody would put bricks into such a wood frame, anyway, as they are way to heavy and would excert too much force on the wood frame.

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brickwall2mi8.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brickwallqr5.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...Poznań.JPG

It's only a model...

I thought they looked a bit odd to, but I guess it is done.

However I imagine that it's purely cosmetic and the wood is actually outside the bricks. I don't think the wood is there to hold the bricks.

Umm, I type that and THEN look at the second pic...

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

I thought they looked a bit odd to, but I guess it is done.

However I imagine that it's purely cosmetic and the wood is actually outside the bricks. I don't think the wood is there to hold the bricks.

Umm, I type that and THEN look at the second pic...

The question is how deep the bricks go, or if they are only a very thin shell around the inner parts of the wall. The second picture for instance looks like if it is seen from the side like this:

post-144-1203881507_thumb.png

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

The most interesting things are happening between bricks and timber. If you just put timber beams on top of bricks without any "interaction" between those materials it looks a bit artificial.

Very good, these will come in handy for sections of my mill :)

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wornoutvh0.jpg

This one's a collage of a plaster and few stone textures from TDM base.

Cool, although I associate these plaster more with modern buildings :)

While you are at it, could you please make brick textures that consist of:

* single rows of bricks without interleaving (1 x 16 bricks is enough)

* brick arches with different diameters

? These would be very useful for making arches. I can do some mockups if you want.

I'd like to see some really good cut stone textures.

Much like the red bricks Tels wants. Just a row of stones that tiles vertically. Would be really nice for making arches with patches and not having to try and align vertically to work around splits in bricks.

I'd also like to see stone base textures that match the bricks to use on matching pillars or bricks made with the clipper.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest