The Dark Mod Forums

controls, keys, mouse, query, tips, wiki kind of posting

I thought maybe I saw a shift or something to use with the mouse to drag things along the grid in one plane only but I can't find it now. For instance, clone a window and drag it along the wall to a new position. In plan view I know it is not going to move up and down but it might move into or away from the wall so at the end I have to zoom in and check carefully.

Ah, think I've got it: Alt + arrow key on selection. That will do nicely. But is there an option to do it with the mouse?

I've been making a few rough personal notes of my own for keys, etc. meaning to put it on the wiki when it's in better shape and more complete but I may as well put it up now, warts and all, and improve it later.

I might do the same with the doom/dark mod keys, etc. following MrMike's recent post. Rough notes might be better than nothing.

If anyone knows any key/mouse tips, most especially if they cannot be deduced from the shortcuts etc. then add them here or on the wiki.

HELP! I previously find a Dark Radiant 'contents' page on the wiki where there were lots of references mostly starting with 'Dark Radiant' this and that but I can't find it now! This is bad I think. I'm finding navigation for DR on the wiki confusing. Is it possible for the 'main' page index to click on Dark Radiant and go direct to that Dark Radiant contents page? Then maybe have subdivisions from that for developers, whatever.

[EDIT]

I found it but only by 'back linking' from another page. I don't think this starts anywhere does it?.....

http://www.thirdfilms.com/darkwiki/index.p...ory:DarkRadiant

Yes, but the navigation tree is something like...

Main
 |__Dark Radiant
	  |__Installation
	  |__Mappers
	  |__Troubleshooting
	  |__Developers					   Category:DarkRadiant
			   |__DarkRadiant module system__|

Whereas maybe it should be...

Main
 |__Category:Dark Radiant
	  |__Dark Radiant
	  |__Installation
	  |__Mappers
	  |__Troubleshooting
	  |__Developers
			   |__DarkRadiant module system

I thought maybe I saw a shift or something to use with the mouse to drag things along the grid in one plane only but I can't find it now. For instance, clone a window and drag it along the wall to a new position. In plan view I know it is not going to move up and down but it might move into or away from the wall so at the end I have to zoom in and check carefully.

You can drag things along one axis by using LMB + shift, but you have to press shift after you started dragging (hitting shift first and then LMB will select things) :)

@Fidcal: What benefit would be to link to the Category overview? The DarkRadiant hub page (the one linked from the main page) is much more suitable to give a thematic overview, imo.

edit: But we could also create a second link on the main page, like this:

* DarkRadiant (article list)

greebo: Yes, that makes sense - either a second link from the main page or a link from the hub page. At the moment that index is unreachable except you first find something that is indexed then backtrack - it has no roots.

angua: Thanks, I tried the normal shift drag but would never have guessed to drag shift or rather, hold down LMB then shift then drag. I'll add that to my notes. :)

You can also click the "Category: DarkRadiant" link at the bottom of each DarkRadiant-related wiki article, which leads you right to the category index.

edit: Is the link on the main page ok?

No because I think now the two together look like a single link so easy just to click on either and not realize there are two links. :)

May I suggest either two clearly separate links on the main page or add it to the DarkRadiant page as 'Index to all articles' - probably as the first item so it appears in that contents list at the top as something like...

1. Index to All Dark Radiant Articles

2. Mappers

etc.etc