The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant Error on Open

Clicking yes should rename your user.xml into something like user.05-08-2007-11-00.xml before loading the XMLRegistry, which basically reverts the settings to "factory default". Does it crash again after clicking yes or is it stuck at this dialog?

Yes, it stuck at this dialog. I Uninstall and install it again but did not resolve the situation.

Well yesterday i was make an update from the repository but canceled at one point, do you think that could be the problem? having some new files mix with old files?

You mean you synced with the DarkRadiant SVN on sourceforge? If that is the case, I would try to recompile everything with scons -c and scons, but I'm not sure if you actually compiled DR from source.

If the application is stuck at this dialog, it could also be a GTK issue. There shouldn't be any loops in the startup phase which could get stuck, so I can't say what else could be causing this.

You could try to clear your C:\Documents and Settings\Capela\Application Data\DarkRadiant\*.* folder (or moving the contents elsewhere), which should absolutely reset DarkRadiant to the defaults. If it still isn't starting after this point, there is clearly something weird going on.

And a DarkRadiant reinstall didn't resolve anything, as you posted? That's weird. I assume you rebooted your machine?

I could upload a new snapshot from the latest SVN source, and see if that helps.

I've had the same issue, I clicked yes and everything when back to defualt, making me lose my settings. I tried to change my settings back to normal but when I exit it doesn't save which windows I have open, so I keep getting an extra XY view.

Ah, that's possibly a weakness. I guess DarkRadiant should point out that upon clicking "Yes" the settings during this session won't get saved. This should be handled a bit more user-friendly, maybe I can clear out the XMLRegistry during runtime without need to restart the application.

My Darkradiant still does not work, im using doomedit and works ok. Im almost on vacations and before that i will made a new system install that means format everyting, maybe was some software that i install that is causing the problem, dont know, lets see how it works after a fresh system install.