The Dark Mod Forums

We have a sh*tload of models!

Springheel

I've been slowly updating the model website, and we're already at 365 listed models. I *know* there are at least twenty more models I haven't added, and I haven't even LOOKED in the architecture folders. When you factor that in, as well as the images with multiple models in them (that only count as 1 on the site), then we're easily over 400 models.

Well done, all! :)

I've been slowly updating the model website, and we're already at 365 listed models. I *know* there are at least twenty more models I haven't added, and I haven't even LOOKED in the architecture folders. When you factor that in, as well as the images with multiple models in them (that only count as 1 on the site), then we're easily over 400 models.

Well done, all! :)

Wow, that's fantastic. Then when you count up the multiple skins...the variations go way up.

That's a fair start :D

I've probably got abut 5 in progress at the moment, I try not to let 'in progress' build up too much or nothing ever gets finished.

'In Mind' is the real problem though, I still have sme of them lingering from T2 (the early days)

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Very nice. :)

I wonder how many models Thief 2 had.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I wonder how many models Thief 2 had.

1780 bin files in obj folder and 99 in mesh (AI).... :unsure: But there were many same models with just diffrent textures applied. Only few were reskinnable like ours.

I'll try to upload some of my models before my holidays (next week).

1780 bin files in obj folder and 99 in mesh (AI).... :unsure: But there were many same models with just diffrent textures applied. Only few were reskinnable like ours.

I see, thanks for checking. Pity it's not a meaningful comparison though.

Anyone know if there's an easy way of checking how many *distinct* T2 models there are (i.e. ones with different geometry)? If it takes more than about 5 minutes, don't bother, I'm just curious.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

There's T2 Object list program, which shows picture of each model in T2, and it contains 1177 pictures. But still - there are several dozens of doors, which are just same models with diffrent texture. I'd say we can assume there's about 900-1000 distinct models to be placed on the map. But that list doesn't include such models as moss blobs, rope and some other appearing only in game.