The Dark Mod Forums

Game I've been involved in - Spyro: The Eternal Night

Domarius

Cool project Domarius. I only played a bit of the first Spyro on the psx and i like the art direction and gameplay. I also know what's it's having to be lip tight about the game your working on being in the same position :laugh:

it's also 1 of the reasons it keeps me from working on the mod <_<

But let us know, when you can what you've done for this game, i'm very curious.

Cool project Domarius. I only played a bit of the first Spyro on the psx and i like the art direction and gameplay. I also know what's it's having to be lip tight about the game your working on being in the same position :laugh:

it's also 1 of the reasons it keeps me from working on the mod <_<

But let us know, when you can what you've done for this game, i'm very curious.

The original Spyro brings me back. I was only a kid when I played it. The cinematics on this video look a bit dated? Not to say that everything should be "gorgeous" these days; personally I'm not one to really care, but it looked like a trailer from 1999.

Pretty cool. B)

From watching what my 7 yr old nephew plays these days, I get the idea that this kind of old-fashioned stylized look and gameplay works for kids ... sort of like a self-conscious modesty that draws them in and doesn't alienate them (or their over-cautious parents). It comes across as more harmless in comparison to what's out there.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Why should he not be allowed to say something like this? After all, when he wants to work on another project, this should be mentioned on a resume. I can understand that he wouldn't be allowed to talk about stuff while he is working on it, but if he is finished? And as long as he doesn't specify any details, it should be no problem to say somethin like "I did some textures" or "I did a few maps" etc..

Gerhard

(*edit* hm yeah about the facebook message, that info I guess is already in the video footage in some form, but you know what - just to be extra careful I deleted the facebook message and had spar edit your post. Heheh.)

I can't be very specific yet is all, only because I can't "steal their thunder" by informing the public of something that's in the game that they'd rather announce at the right time in the right way (with an awesome advertisment or something), that would be really bad. But after it's released in October I can say anything I want.

But yeah I can say the KIND of things I did. I did level editing, which means taking the blank landscape and placing in all the entities and setting up all the battles, fixed cameras, puzzles, scripted events and cutscenes. And also trying to add points of interest with props and particle effects and other moving things. A lot of how to go about this was left up to us level editors on this project, except for some major puzzles already designed in earlier on.

Complicated cutscenes involving character animation not part of the normal gameplay, facial animation, dialogue, etc are done by the actual cutscene department though.

And the landscape itself, textures, major architecture and major parts of scenery are created by artists in Maya.