The Dark Mod Forums

Facebook

Macsen

I don't really like such groups. Especially since they are also used for data mining, so that companies and goverments gather all kind of data from these profiles. I don't know why people do this stuff. Giving all their data away without thinking, and then wondering why the goverments know so much about them.

Gerhard

I post my phone numbers on the site. As a journalist, I want crazy people to phone me. They have the best stories.

Also I don't think the government could know any more about me than they do since I phone them every day. In fact they probably wish I'd stop bothering them, rather than vice versa.

Sites like Facebook are OK provided you follow a simple rule: everything you post, discuss or say on them should be considered totally public information (even if the site pretends that it is private). This way, there won't be any nasty shocks if the site is hacked or data-mined.

In germany there was just a case of a scientists (sociologist) who came into the line of sight of the KBA (german FBI) simply because some guys of the KBA looked up some (scientific) words they didn't know, on google. Because of this, his name showed up, from some works that he published, and he was observed for more than a year, his phoneline was tracked and then he was arrested. He has a library licence, which makes him suspicious, because in the library he can look up books about terrorism.

Gerhard

Stupid facebook.

I had to sign up recently cause some people I know want me to, and with a few months, its like everyone I know (even people unrelated to each other, including Dark Mod) is suddenly getting on face book. I bet they suddenly had some sort of big boom in the last few months.

Well, I added NH as a friend cause I can't work out how to join the group :mellow:

The only problem is the amount of pictures of me posted online in various states of incapacitation. My friends have added 200+ pictures which make it seem as if I'm always on the piss, which isn't quite true. :)

mmm, sure.

;)

Just figured out the quote feature :D what's up with that plus/minus thing anyway?

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Stupid facebook.

I had to sign up recently cause some people I know want me to, and with a few months, its like everyone I know (even people unrelated to each other, including Dark Mod) is suddenly getting on face book. I bet they suddenly had some sort of big boom in the last few months.

Well, I added NH as a friend cause I can't work out how to join the group :mellow:

That happened to me with my ex about a year ago. She finally convinced by arguing that my hallmates would create a fake account with my name (and by far, a less flattering one) if I didn't.

Also, I joined the group. Think blue when you're looking for my picture.

I've been meaning to create an account sometime... I'll join if and when I get around to it. :)

@Baddcog: The plus/minus thing allows you to add multiple quotes. Click the +Quote button on several posts, then click Add Reply down the bottom. All the posts will be quoted.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.