The Dark Mod Forums

Windows Textures

Capela

Hi, this is my vacations last day, its midnight im drink some beers, first because is very hot and second i really dont want to get back, buahhhhhhhhh :( but the reason of my post is about something else, i did some windows textures, the textures need some final touchs but here one of the examples. I put it on the repository later. hope you enjoy it.

vidro512x512cpiaig1.th.jpg

vidro512x512copyxc5.th.jpg

Thanks Springheel. The normal maps will be a little difficult to do because im not using a 3D program, its photoshop im use, never the less i think with some patience and time i can make some decent normal maps.

I took one pic in game from one of the textures, its a test map but i think it looks ok.

windowtestesy9.th.jpg

The top ones look quite nice, though they might come out looking a little oversaturated in the D3 engine--you'll have to check that out. The colour of the bottom yellow one looks off to me--the yellow is too greenish and there's odd blurriness around the wooden strips.

Well im trying to put out tree color versions, maybe a little more desaturate. But i really need to test it in a map.

71887677um0.th.jpg

38153525np1.th.jpg

The intention is the Blue for interiors the Yellow(Orange) for exteriors, and the no colored ones with the normal maps for "no lights". I have made some tests and it seems you are right i need to make the colored windows "glass" more dark, and maybe a little more dirty.

Why do you upload it as a rar file? It's a repository. It would be more convenient if you just upload them as individual files. People can always choose to download them also individually if they don't want the whole pack, and you don't have to unpack it.

The only thing that makes sense to be packed up is if you have a releasable version of your map and you want to distribute it. In that case it makes sense to put it in a PK4, because that's how poeple expect to play it.

Gerhard

Any volunteers? Capela, do you have time to get these textures ready for submission? I can assist you in the needed steps to get you started.

I also assume that we want to review these textures before adding them to the main mod to ensure that the quality is ok (which I'm optimistic that it is).

Not bad - I think it could be improved a bit, by overlaying a small amount of roughness over the normalmap of the glass parts (currently the glass is flat, whereas the diffuse suggests that it isn't.

When you add some detail to the normalmap, the specular effect will also look more interesting, because the shininess stage is applied after the bumpmap stage.

I think its a good texture, i can work it and make it a wood window. Instead of horizontal i can put it vertical.

untitled1copyat2.th.jpg

By the way the wall behind is my creation to i will put it on the repository this week.

@greebo i did not have the time to make the textures for submission, hope this weekend i get the time.

You can try cut out the black junction, then make it white, work it a little and put it under a black background, make the normal map from it, then you can make a normal map from the window with less values and join the two layers. Thats what im going to do for the wood version.