The Dark Mod Forums

Dziarsky's Textures

greebo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, the texture is now in our repository, thanks Astralninja. I did the following steps, starting from the state you sent me:

- I copied the TGA of the diffuse and the specular to the hires repository and committed them.

- I converted the TGA diffuse & specular to DDS

- I renamed the DDS files to lowercase .dds

- I converted the editor image to JPG

- I moved the TGA localmap and the JPG editor image to textures/darkmod/nature/snow

- I moved the two DDS files image to dds/textures/darkmod/nature/snow

- I added your material entry to tdm_nature_snow.mtr

- (I checked the texture in-game)

- Commit.

So if the SVN problem cannot be resolved somehow, may I suggest that you (Astralninja) resort to preparing the files, checking them in-game and let me do the commit by sending me the package?

So basically, such a package includes:

- The material entry (just the single entry, or the entire file)

- Up to two DDS (diffuse plus optional specular)

- One JPG editor image

- One TGA localmap

- Up to two TGA (diffuse plus optional specular, this time for the hires repository)

If I get such a package, it's just a matter of a few minutes for me to chuck it up to SVN, so I could easily handle that.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I tried adding the .tga, _ed.tga, & _local.tga files but it gave a Commit Error saying that the _loc

al.tga file already exists.

So then I tried commiting just the _s.tga file and was able to commit at revision: 4826

Next was the _ed.tga file at revision: 4827

Then the .tga file at revision: 4828

The _local.tga file is giving me some trouble. When I try to update the darkmod folder it gives an error:

"Error: Failed to add file 'C:\Program Files\Doom 3\darkmod\textures\darkmod\nature\snow\snow_rough01_local.tga': object of the same name is already scheduled for addition"

(This is when the _local.tga file is removed from the \nature\snow folder.)

Yet I can't add/commit the _local.tga file because it will claim that the file already exists.

Would reverting the file help?

In other news, the "remove 'the _BM' from your username" trick worked fine ^_^

~Daniel

Ah, I see. You are trying to commit the TGA texture files, that I already committed (two posts above). The diffuse and specular are already in the repository (as DDS files), so their TGA versions are not needed. Same goes for the editor image (which is in JPG format on the server).

I'll go ahead and remove these TGA files again, but it's nice to see that you're allowed to commit now. :)

Just for clarification: The snow_rough texture set is complete and the files are like this:

Diffuse: dds/textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01.dds

Specular: dds/textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_s.dds

Normal: textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_local.tga

Editor: textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_ed.jpg

Would you like to go through Dziarsky's files (on the betamapper repo) to see if there are more candidates for going into SVN?

• 1 month later...
Meny months ago i made my own version of splash screen launch.tga for Widescreen Monitors (16:10). I cant watch that streached picture any longer ;).

I think today to share it with you, mabey somebody will be use it.

In game it looks like this:

launchba2.th.jpg

Tga file is here:

http://thief.ovh.org/darkmod/launch.rar

He it contans the same "wrong" time :)

Can we fix these for the next release? :D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

He's referring to the fact that the displayed time in that image unfortunately doesn't exist, and needs fixing at some point. It's like, "11:45/20" or such.

:)

But we might also take it as our "motto" - We bend even time for you[tm] :D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax