The Dark Mod Forums

Composer At Your Service

mrDischarged

Hi,

I've learned about this project a couple of days ago and you cannot imagine my excitement at the discovery! As and avid oldie gamer and a Thief fan, I've been daydreaming of a project like this for quite a while now and my girlfriend enouraged me to eventually post here.

I've been making music for a hobby since my early teens (27 now) in various bands and on my own. I've created a number of fantasy/rpg inspired short pieces in the past along my usual repertoire of harsh industrial and ambient pieces. I am well aware of the fact a soundtrack is a bit off the mark at this early stage, but I'd be willing to help out in other ways as well - ambiences, sound editing and the likes.

I have some of my work online, but due to bandwidth restrictions I cannot give the url out openly. I will send it via private messages should you be interested.

I have never worked on a mod or a tc, but being employed at a software company I'm well aware of the ups and downs that come with software development.

Thanks,

mrD

Hello there,

Always good to have another enthusiastic Thief fan in our midst. I know that we only have two team members doing sound at the moment, and we have a great need for sound effects as well as ambient sound. Are you interested in taking on some sound effect creation?

know that we only have two team members doing sound at the

Actually it's three. Tyrot also can do music. You will see. :)

So it should be pakmannen, NH(? more voice), and Darkness Falls also registzered for sound. Finger also seems to do some soundstuff and then Tyrot as well.

Gerhard

Are you interested in taking on some sound effect creation?

Well, certainly! But as I possess no quality recording equipment, first-hand sampling is off. I'm however rather proficient at sample-scavenging/processing as far as sound effect creation goes.

There's 5 people actively working on various audio aspects of the game so far? That's quite a team! :)

mrD