The Dark Mod Forums

New BT Props

BlackThief

That's nice. Would it be possible to photoshop out the arms though. Then put them each on their own alpha mapped plane so we can animate the hands.

I've done alot of thinking about rotating a texture for hands instead of rotating a model. I think it would be wastefull, the tex would have to be way oversized so when it rotates it doesn't tile across the corners (if that makes sense). I've been putting off work to the grandfather clock for quite awhile, but I think seperate hands would be better. If we have one good tex like those hands we could use it on all the clocks, maybe a new model for size, but the model only needs to be 2 polys so it'll be super low file size. It could also be used on my gauges instead of the red needle I modeled.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Wouldn't take too long though right? Would be cool to start getting some clocks set-up. (not that it'll happen right away)

But we are starting to get some of that stuff more organized, and added to entities and prefabs so authors can just drop a working model in a map instead of having to piece them together or replace them later.

Whatever floats yer boat though ;)

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

ok finally something new from me. Wasn't able to do anything last weekend, since I had guard duty from Saturday to Sunday, so basically the whole weekend was fucked up. In addition to that I also had to do the 'vice guard commander' because I was the 2nd highest rank (absurd since I'm just a private first class (?) myself :D ), so I had to stay up the whole damn night to supervise the other guys...

Ah, how I miss those times. NOT! :)

here's a wallclock:

Wow! Looks great, as always! :)

Gerhard

Wow, nice! But, please don't take this personal, but I do think the clockface looks a bit too modern. It are probably the roman digits.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 3 months later...

Ok I'm feeling almost ashamed when looking at the last date 10th December...but anyway here's something small again I can contribute from last weekend.

(First model I did on my new computer, which is in fact a notebook (Asus G1S) I bought for uni. I still need to install some software, tools and other stuff...)

post-6-1206383057_thumb.jpg

Very nice! I assume that's for a bust? I'd be happy to texture it for use as a character too--we're short on good heads.

BTW, are you uploading this stuff to SVN yet?

we can't really use this model as a character head, since it doesn't have any proper edge-loops needed for an animated head. I don't have SVN installed yet, so I'll upload it onto the FTP like the other stuff (not sure if anyone noticed, but there should be all the textures and models I posted in december last year)

Oh really? I didn't realize that...FTP isn't really used for much anymore.

we can't really use this model as a character head, since it doesn't have any proper edge-loops needed for an animated head

Do our existing heads have proper edge loops (whatever those are)? Currently the animations we use for the heads are pretty primitive, and they're not likely to get much more sophisticated between now and the beta-release.

Do our existing heads have proper edge loops (whatever those are)? Currently the animations we use for the heads are pretty primitive, and they're not likely to get much more sophisticated between now and the beta-release.

yes they have at least the very very basic rough loops required as fas as I remember.

Here's an image to illustrate what I'm talking about: poly_regions.jpg

However I could of course model that head for AI use again - it's just unusable in its current status, as it doesn't even have a modelled mouth and even eye blinking wouldn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked around on the FTP, but couldn't find the models, BT...where did you put them?