The Dark Mod Forums

Moddb Mod of the Year 2007 - voting begins today

Subjective Effect

Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone who wants to help us out, visit this page and click on the big Vote button. Cheers. :) You don't need a moddb account to vote, but guest votes count for much less than logged-in votes; so if you have a moddb account, make sure you're logged in before you vote.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

The page is constantly updated at least once a month. I think that's more than enough, considering that most projects don't update in months. It should definitely show that we are still working on it, and the progress should also speak for itself, that we are not slacking much. :)

Gerhard

The page is constantly updated at least once a month. I think that's more than enough, considering that most projects don't update in months. It should definitely show that we are still working on it, and the progress should also speak for itself, that we are not slacking much. :)

He's talking about the Mod DB page. We don't update that site very often. I don't seem to have access to update it.

Found another contest that we might enter. http://www.guildcafe.com/espresso/

Dunno if only completed mods count. I nominated "The Dark Mod http://thedarkmod.com" in the "Best Mod" category anyway. :)

We'll need more people to submit nominations for TDM if it's to become a candidate in the voting round.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I agree. I think this is important enough to justify spending the time on.

Springheel has posted news on moddb before, so he definitely has the permissions to do so; and it's his job to update the website, so I guess this falls to him by default, rather than NH. Still, I think New Horizon should definitely have access.

I myself am very willing to copy news items from thedarkmod.com to moddb if nobody else is going to touch the latter, provided my account on moddb (Crispiness) is granted the ability to do so. What do you say, Springheel?

I personally find updating the moddb page to be quite low on my list of mod priorities.

I have no idea whether I have the ability to change other people's permissions, but I'd be happy to do so if I do.

edit: Hmm, since the redesign of the site, I can't even find any options for updating our page, let alone change someone's permissions.

Well, it's true it doesn't help advance the mod directly. I just think the publicity wouldn't hurt. :)

Yeah, I couldn't see much of anything in the way of editing controls either. I just searched around a bit and found this comment:

http://www.moddb.com/news/24346/mod-w...45;is-back[/url] ]We did found if we want to give someone permission to add and edit content on mod page, we have them join group then set there permission of what they can add or edit in group, carry over to mod page. Still learning how to set things up in v4. ;)

Seems like to give more than one person permissions to modify the mod page, one needs to create a "group" for the mod team, assign the group to owning the mod, and then give people permissions within the mod team. Bit convoluted.

Maybe only Fingernail can do this now? Since he's the one listed as "developer", maybe only he can assign that status to the group.