The Dark Mod Forums

The recipe for a good mission?

Macsen

I could get in a Ferrari and move way faster than the guy with artificial legs. Once you start using machinery it becomes arbitrary as to what kind of machinery your'e using.

If those legs are giving an advantage over real legs, then it's only fair if you are comapring people who are using the same artificial legs.

Comparisons between humans are about natural abilities, not artificial ones.

That guy didn't invent or build those legs, someone else did.

IT takes just as much time and effort to learn how to race cars at the highest level.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What woul dhave happened with Beethoven if he had grown up in different circumstances

Something else most probably. And this proves what? People are often restricted by lack of opportunity, and I've agreed to that. But no one HAS to do what his or her parents do.

I think that you and oDD are making excuses for lazy people. Sure, some people can not help it no matter how hard they try - they are hardwired that way. But once you start making excuses for behaviour like that where does it end? Do we not punish criminals because their criminal thinking is a "disability"? Do we accept it as just part of their personality?

Come on. People have to be accountable for their actions. If someone has a problem beyond their control we should recognise that but not putting in effort is not a disability, it's just poor behaviour.

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

...and like I say, that's a very strange attitude for someone who's chosen to become a doctor. A large number of ailments you treat are self-inflicted and could have been avoided by smarter behaviour, yet you've chosen to spend your life helping those fools.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

• 1 month later...