squill

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

edit: did I just say "light sabres"?

Ha! Don't laugh too hard. My favorite fencing weapon was an epee, but I also kind of liked using the sabre. This is a steampunk genre. Who knows whether or not a lighter metal alloy had been discovered?

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Looks like im losing bones somehow during the exportmodels function. All versions of the Maya idle_sneeze files have 71 joints. The previous version of the idle_sneeze had 71 joints. However using TortoiseMerge, i see that the version im producing is said to have 67 joints, which is what TortoiseMerge says the previous tdm_ai_citywatch.md5mesh had for joints as well.

I'm at work so I can't check, but this has something to do with using the wrong rig. An older version of our new rig has 67, the latest one has 71.

I just ran across your post on Doom3world. :)

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=155060

I'm just using the same idle_sneeze.mb i uploaded before that Greebo successfully used to export into the game. I loaded it into maya 7, then resaved. The tdm_ai_citywatch.md5mesh had the same skeleton, at least i think so, because i got the update from Springheel.

I think I ran into this issue as well - when running exportModels, the exporter created the .md5anim and also the .md5mesh, but the mesh was wrong. I just reverted the changes to the md5mesh file (so that I had the SVN version again, I only kept the md5anim file) and it was working since then.

Ha! Don't laugh too hard. My favorite fencing weapon was an epee, but I also kind of liked using the sabre. This is a steampunk genre. Who knows whether or not a lighter metal alloy had been discovered?

I did sabre for a bit, then foil. In game swordplay we don't have any tactile feedback, so reacting visibly to the sabre attacks works pretty well. Then we have the one fake thrust attack where one fake thrust parry blocks all possible thrusts. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I think I ran into this issue as well - when running exportModels, the exporter created the .md5anim and also the .md5mesh, but the mesh was wrong. I just reverted the changes to the md5mesh file (so that I had the SVN version again, I only kept the md5anim file) and it was working since then.

I'm at work so I can't check, but this has something to do with using the wrong rig. An older version of our new rig has 67, the latest one has 71.

Any other ideas? I'm using the same .mb files i've been uploading all along that Greebo has been converting. It happening with XP Pro 32bit and Vista 64bit, using Maya 7. I noticed the tdm_citywatch.md5mesh file has been uploaded many times over the last few weeks, so thats got to be right too.

Greebo, could you upload the mayaImportx86.dll that you are using to your model_src folder so i can make sure i have the right one?

If you're synced, you probably need to add the "anim" line to the citywatch's model block.

This may be nothing, but you keep talking about the citywatch md5mesh...you should be using the proguard one, right?

The md5meshes I export using lightwave are missing the following two lines that a Maya export adds:

MD5Version 10

commandline "mesh models/model_src/proguard_mb/proguardmesh_export.mb -dest models/md5/chars/guards/proguard/tdm_ai_proguard.md5mesh -game darkmod -scale 0.97 -keep origin Pelvis Pelvis2 Hips LeftHips_Dummy LeftUpLeg LeftLeg LeftFoot LeftToeBase LeftToe_end RightHips_Dummy RightUpLeg RightLeg RightFoot RightToeBase RightToe_end sword Spine_Dummy Spine Spine1 Spine2 LeftShoulder_Dummy LeftShoulder LeftArm_Dummy LeftArm LeftArmRoll LeftForeArm LeftHand LeftHandIndex1 LeftHandIndex2 LeftHandIndex3 LeftHandIndex4 LeftHandRing1 LeftHandRing2 LeftHandRing3 LeftHandRing4 LeftHandThumb1 LeftHandThumb2 LeftHandThumb3 Neck Head RightShoulder_Dummy RightShoulder RightArm_Dummy RightArm RightArmRoll RightForeArm RightHand RightHandIndex1 RightHandIndex2 RightHandIndex3 RightHandIndex4 RightHandRing1 RightHandRing2 RightHandRing3 RightHandRing4 RightHandThumb1 RightHandThumb2 RightHandThumb3 joint8 joint9 leftpad rightpad joint7 RightFrontUpSkirt RightBackUpSkirt LeftFrontUpSkirt LeftBackUpSkirt RightFrontLowSkirt RightBackLowSkirt LeftFrontLowSkirt LeftBackLowSkirt"

Im using the progaurd to animate with, which has 71 bones, which i counted manually and torioseSVN merge confirms.

There are skirt references, but there are also some skirt references missing. There are other differences though. If i upload the .md5anim file to the guards folder will it tell you anything?

EDIT: I'm also trying with 8.5 again. Im getting the "pure virtual function call" error with XPpro 32-bit SP3 now. Do you think downloading the VC++ redistributable package would be worth a try?

I noticed in your readme file instructions, it says: Drop these three DLL files into your Doom 3 folder (the one next to DOOM3.exe)." Do you mean the one "containing" the DOOM3.exe? Im wondering if perhaps i have different installation directory than everyone else.

I currently have visual C++ 2005, 2005(x64), 2008 x86 9.0.2 and Run Time Lib Setup...if that helps.

EDIT: I'm also trying with 8.5 again. Im getting the "pure virtual function call" error with XPpro 32-bit SP3 now. Do you think downloading the VC++ redistributable package would be worth a try?

Well, yes, worth a try, though you'll need the VC++ 2008 package IIRC, the DLL should be called something like msvcrt9.dll.

I noticed in your readme file instructions, it says: Drop these three DLL files into your Doom 3 folder (the one next to DOOM3.exe)." Do you mean the one "containing" the DOOM3.exe? Im wondering if perhaps i have different installation directory than everyone else.

I admit my wording was not very clear, I meant to say: "put the DLL next to the DOOM3.exe file", i.e. in the same folder as DOOM3.exe.

Still, a pure virtual function call doesn't sound too good. I once thought about recompiling the Maya 8.5 exporter to try to get rid of the MSVCRT dependency. I assume this dependency has been introduced due to our customised SDK code using the STL or something. Maybe recompiling it using the vanilla D3 SDK could fix that.

How does one use the original proguard.def to export animations. I can't get it to work using the command "exportmodels proguard", i get an error saying "could not load def/proguard.def". I also noticed the proguard.def is pointing to .ma files, is that what you use to export with?

I'm using the tdm_ai_guard_proguard.def file in the darkmod/def/ folder. This one has the correct export definition in it.

The actual filetype .ma or .mb does not matter, as long as Maya can load it. I exported .mb as well as .ma fine in the past.