The Dark Mod Forums

Itches and Glitches - DarkRadiant

SneaksieDave

This is a thread for collecting minor bugs and discussions about them into one place for user convenience, and to avoid filling up the forum with a new thread for every little thing encountered. If you find a definite, major bug, it should be tracked officially. But if you find something you are unsure about, or have a request, or something just doesn't seem right, describe it here.

This thread is specifically about DarkRadiant issues (not TDM).

Okay I have another issue;

I made a monster clip brush that covers the entire ceiling, then used Filter->Clip Brushes to hide it so I could continue to make changes to the geometry. Well when I used the subtract command with a brush made out of caulk, which is inside the monster clip (which is being filtered) the filtered brush was included in the subtract.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Confirmed; apparently it exists pre-scenegraph, and it is a problem. I'd say anything hidden or filtered should be automatically deselected, and never part of any operation. Beyond subtraction, you can still see the bounds (if you have it enabled: orthoview | show size info), and drag them around via translate mode, all while invisible.

Add this to the tracker and it shall be resolved. :)

Noticed something with the new layer manager. Whenever you open a new map, all the settings and locations of things are restored, except the layers. I have 4 layers and 2 are shutoff when I save the map and exit. When I go back in, they are all active again. Can you please fix this.

Noticed something with the new layer manager. Whenever you open a new map, all the settings and locations of things are restored, except the layers. I have 4 layers and 2 are shutoff when I save the map and exit. When I go back in, they are all active again. Can you please fix this.

I won't get around to do it right now, but you can add it to the tracker as feature request, so that I don't forget about it.

A new bug

For some reason entities are getting the same name as existing entities. I'm guessing that this happens when you select multiple entities and clone them.

I notice this in DarkRadiant's console:

TargetManager: Target func_static_1 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_2 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_5 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_6 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_47 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_7 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_8 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_51 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_53 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_9 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_56 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_28 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_61 already associated!
TargetManager: Target func_static_10 already associated!

Is there the ability to automagically fix these mis-associations in DarkRadiant?

Edited by AluminumHaste

This is known (has happened to lots of us) and is being addressed :) There is no super quick way to fix them, but you could edit your map file with notepad and fix the names manually, it MAY be faster than doing it in-editor.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this was mentioned before, but here is a case in point for being able to directly select children of brush/patch static entities:

Now in this picture, the altar includes the steps. Now I can use the Tab key (or Atl-Tab) to cycle through the entities' children, but that means that if I have a hundred children (which in this case isn't unreasonable to assume) then it would take forever to get the brush that I want. And the bigger problem; there are two brushes that I want to modify.

altariz3.th.gif

So if it is at all possible, an option to be able to mouse click on an entities children. Maybe have the user select the entity, then while holding down a modifier key (ALT,SHIFT,CTRL whatever one) and left clicking would select the brush/patch.

Would be great, because right now I can either revert to worldspawn, modify the brushes, then group it again as a func_static, or cycle through the children to get the brush that I want. *yuck*

Edited by AluminumHaste

Hey I just noticed this in the roadmap for v1 for DarkRadiant:

- 0000404: [Renderer] Ambient lights not working in render mode - acknowledged.

Ambient lights work in the render mode, just not perfectly. Some faces are still black if they aren't facing the light, but they light the level in rendermode.

Hey I just noticed this in the roadmap for v1 for DarkRadiant:

- 0000404: [Renderer] Ambient lights not working in render mode - acknowledged.

Ambient lights work in the render mode, just not perfectly. Some faces are still black if they aren't facing the light, but they light the level in rendermode.

Yes, that bug has not been confirmed, because I couldn't even get around to try to reproduce it. The other (related) bug is this one, which reports the back face problem.

At any rate, all bugs concerning the renderer are on hold until it is redesigned, a problem which has not been attacked yet.

LOL wtf is this??

I added a projected light with start/stops and when in renderview in radiant, I saw this on the ceiling, lol wtf is this? I'm thinking it says "FOG" but I'm not sure.

wtfrg0.gif

Edited by AluminumHaste

Found a new issue in regards to layers. Steps to reproduce error:

1> Open DarkRadiant, then open another instance of DarkRadiant (So you should have two (2) DarkRadiant.exe in process manager)

2> Create a new map in the First instance of DarkRadiant, and create a few brush entities and leave them on the "Default" layer.

3> Create a new map in the Second instance, and make several new layers (name them whatever you want)

4> Go to the first instance of darkradiant, select a brush entity, then go to "Edit->Copy" (Or Ctrl+C)

5> Go to the second instance of darkradiant and go to "Edit->Paste" (Or Ctrl+V)

6> Now all the layers that you created are gone and only the "Default" layer is present in the second instance of darkradiant (Where you pasted the copied brush entity to)

Now I'm not sure how useful this is to report, because having multiple instances of darkradiant open is probably not supported or recommended. I do it for the above reasons but I suppose I could just make the entities prefabs.

EDIT: Nevermind, same thing happens with prefabs. I saved the balcony as a prefab, and inserted it into the other map, which seems to destroy all the layer info.

Edited by AluminumHaste

Found a new issue in regards to layers. Steps to reproduce error:

Now I'm not sure how useful this is to report, because having multiple instances of darkradiant open is probably not supported or recommended. I do it for the above reasons but I suppose I could just make the entities prefabs.

EDIT: Nevermind, same thing happens with prefabs. I saved the balcony as a prefab, and inserted it into the other map, which seems to destroy all the layer info.

Ah, thanks I'll try to reproduce that. Not a nice bug.

Btw: it's ok to have several DarkRadiant instances open at a time, it should not harm anything.

Ah, thanks I'll try to reproduce that. Not a nice bug.

Btw: it's ok to have several DarkRadiant instances open at a time, it should not harm anything.

Yeah you don't need multiple instances of DarkRadiant open just load any prefab and it'll happen.

No worries, I already fixed that bug in the latest SVN. :)

The Layers handling is a pretty "young" feature and I'm already aware of a few glitches with my initial code. It's likely that I'll have to iterate over a few code sections, especially the saving/loading stuff.

No worries, I already fixed that bug in the latest SVN. :)

The Layers handling is a pretty "young" feature and I'm already aware of a few glitches with my initial code. It's likely that I'll have to iterate over a few code sections, especially the saving/loading stuff.

Cool, could you post a nightly build to that link you used before? I got the prerelease version 1 of 0.9.7 from it already. (http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/DarkRadiant/darkradiant-0.9.7pre1.exe)

I thought of something after having some issues. The editor should not crash when a map isn't found at the place it thought it was, it should spit out an error saying such, then load a new map.

DarkRadiant is crashing for some reason when changing the preferences for the camera.

All I did was create a new map, right click, Create model, hit cancel, then right click, Create Entity then selected the Guard.

I then moved him off 0,0 then hit "P" and went to "Camera" I changed the camera move speed from 160 to 32 and when I hit save this happened:

crashyd2.th.jpg