The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 0.9.6 released

greebo

I'm happy to announce the release of DarkRadiant 0.9.6, which can now be downloaded from our website at sourceforge:

http://darkradiant.sourceforge.net/index.php

The list of changes can be found here: Changes since 0.9.5 and on our bugtracker changelog.

Beware that it might take a while until all the sourceforge mirrors have the download available - in case it doesn't work, there is a mirror on our DarkMod FTP: Mirror

As usual, please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

Enjoy!

Man I am LOVING the layers feature. I saw it in the pre-release builds but never used it. I just organized my map into layers and wow what a difference it makes. Keep up the great work with the editor guys, it's fantastic :):wub:

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Man I am LOVING the layers feature. I saw it in the pre-release builds but never used it. I just organized my map into layers and wow what a difference it makes. Keep up the great work with the editor guys, it's fantastic :):wub:

Thanks, glad you like it. :)

Keep your eyes open for bugs in the surroundings of the layers operations, it's a very young feature.

• 1 month later...

The actual map file is contained in the thiefs_den.pk4 file, which is just a ZIP archive with a different extension. You'll need to extract these files into thiefs_den/maps/.

But... i was wondering if, this mod will be multiplayer like the other ones?(TuT, NB). I really love thief series and will be great if this one will be multiplaye too :wub::wub:

Sorry, but the answer is no. That is not our focus. There are already Thief Styled Multiplayer Mods...Thievery and Nightblade. To my knowledge, we are the only mod recreating a Thief Styled single player experience. That makes our project somewhat unique, wouldn't you say? Aside from that, why compete with Thievery and Nightblade? They're already providing the same experience. In addition to that, check out the forums at ttlg.com/forums. There is a small group working on getting the multiplayer code working in Thief 2. One thing is inescapable, Multiplayer Thief is a very different beast than single player Thief. When we fully release our source code, other teams will be able to create a separate multiplayer codebase if they wish, but we won't integrate it into the core mod.

• 4 weeks later...
Uhhh I absolutely missed these news. Nearly all the features I 'kindly demanded' are implemented now, very nice. :)

You're welcome.

I've recently activated the darkradiant-announcements mailinglist on sourceforge, which you can join to get notified about releases. For 0.9.7 release I'll send out an E-Mail to that list's subscribers.

There is also a separate mailinglist for SVN commits, in case you're interested in the development progress.