The Dark Mod Forums

Just A Few Comments ;)

Guest DraVen

Well i just checked out all ur work and i must admit its pretty awesome :) Im working on my own mod atm for doom3 but im not way near the quality of u guys or i'd offer my services :P (to see what i've done look around for KingSin (now merged with gang-life) for cod uo OR Wild West Trilogy : Duel At Dawn (so far just some basic rifles) but the mod will be for CoD UO, HL2 & Doom3 (i run the doom3 section).

Although if theirs anything u need a hand with just ask, i can do some pretty basic modelling (getting better everyday) im not gonna include any pics just here though.

I can also map for coduo so im hoping to get to grips with this doom3 editor because its pretty similar. I can also program websites n stuff.

Im not very old (17) and i have a daughter (5months today). Although I spend all my days at home working on mods looking to get some stuff to put in my portfolio (I want to be a level designer).

If their is anything here that interests u or just want to chat with a fan my e-mail is joelcoldson@hotmail.com (also MSN).

I'd love to help if I can :)

Thanx

-DraVen

P.S How many poly's are ur weapons & character models?

Ok so i figured out all the differences in the cod radiant and doom3 radiant and below is a pic of what i've done so far (about 30minutes-1hours work).

I know its all in caulk but i cant to 2d texture design and its for my western mod so none of the doom3 ones fit the task :P

If u want me to develop a map for this mod just give me an idea for a location etc and i'll get cracking :) Also any textures you would want me to include :P

Finally, i know that picture is very basic but i can do more advanced things aswell so just ask on msn (joelcoldson@hotmail.com) or here if u want to see some :P

Thanx

DraVen

post-11-1104154829.jpg

Currently we a renot looking for additional mappers. We have not decided on a campaing yet, and for testmaps we already have several mappers to do the job. We would be happy to contact you when the situation changes and we can make use of you.

Currently the only other field where we could use some help would be coders with the SDK. If you have any references for that, present them and I will evaluate it.

Gerhard

You do have some good mapping skills from the looks of it. But as Spar said, right now isn't the time for us to start calling for more mappers.

But on the other hand, the more prop guys we have the better. Are you talking about just doing props in radiant or can you use a pro 3D suite to do your thing?

Well i use milkshape 3d & 3ds max 5,6 & 7. For modelling props. Not really got any good examples at the moment though as I havent made any for a while.

If you want to test me, just tell me something u want modelled (preferebaly with are reference picture) and tell me the max ammount of poly's u want the model and i'll have it done and post a render of it.

Thanx

-DraVen

Just to make things perfectly clear, there is no shortage of top notch modelers here, and our standards are as high as any professional, commercial dev house (higher in some cases), so the juding will be very harsh.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site