The Dark Mod Forums

question for unstoppable

slavatrumpevitch

are you MageofFolenn on Black Cat Forums? B/c if you aren't, you must be soul-mates, or long lost twins or something.

Milestones approaching:

Recital: 3-24-12

ToughMudder: 4-15-12

Release first FM: ?-?-20??

pretty much.

here are some examples of (yea, some of them are sorta long, but even if you just skim, you'll see the uncanny similarities)

Example 1:

"Deus Ex 3 first concept art AND Thief 4 confirmed

Told ya so x 1 million. Thief 4 info here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=76374

Concept art for Deus Ex 3 here:

concept"

Example 2:

"Must I explain everything? I have done much research to draw my conclusions. This isn't just jumping the gun.

The whole point of Eidos Montreal is to create AAA games. They have clearly stated that their goals include reviving of old franchises.

It is not Tomb Raider because that is Crystal Dynamics deal. However Crystal Dynamics devs are working with Montreal since they are using the Tomb Raider engine for Deus Ex 3.

By the way the next Tomb Raider is already under development and there are a few screen shots out there.

It is Thief 4. Do not believe me if you so wish but you will see I was correct. Whether or not is in the future is yet to be determined.

My prediction is that it's a 50/50 deal. The future might get the game to sell more but the past will keep the hardcore fans in check.

Just to conclude I firmly believe it is Thief. All signs point to it. It is a question of why not rather than why.

"

example 3:

"The reason why Deus Ex: Invisible War and Thief 3 were gimped was because the engine they chose. (Ionstorm Austin)

The man in charge of Invisible War was Harvey Smith. He hired a programmer to write a lightning renderer. Instead the fool wrote a complete engine.

Harvey Smith being inexperienced in leading picked the engine without knowing it's limitations. Halfway through Invisible War they realized how limiting the engine truly was.

Being too late to back down they did what they could. Having more experience with the engine yielded a better game with Thief 3.

However upon further research the consoles did have significant impact on the game.

Regardless Harvey Smith is not involved with any of these projects. The good news is that since it's Thief 4 they might bring back the talent pool from Looking Glass Studios.

Just to conclude the engine they haven't talked about it. However it might be the Tomb Raider Engine. The good thing about this is that they have tons of experience with it and are tailoring the engine for Invisible War.

Here in some info on the latest build for the Tomb Raider engine.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74916

You can see very detailed weather effects which no doubt can be used for Invisible War and Thief 4.

I know many people were disappointed with Invisible War and Thief 3. However knowing what I now know I am putting my faith in Eidos Montreal. They will not fail.

Come early-mid 2009 be prepared for a hell of a game in Deus Ex 3.

Further rumor on Thief 4:

http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=284137

"

and my favorite:

"Mock all you will but Eidos Montreal will serve you with some kick your ass pie when it is released in 2010 or 2011 ."

Milestones approaching:

• 3 weeks later...
I am perma banned on Black Cat Games forums for raging and also I was framed by some ppl so better not to tell anyone anything. Lest ye wish to unleash Ragnarok once more. :ph34r:

"Framed"? :laugh:

Somehow I doubt the validity of that.

actually, i definately believe it. you don't seem like the type to rage, but you definately seem like the type that people might frame just for shits and giggles.

Milestones approaching: