The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Tester Or Programmer?

Morian

Hi I was wondering if there was anyway I could help with testing or programming I haven't done much in the way of prgramming in visual C ++ but I had created a couple of different calculators for another game system in VB.

I have little programming background but I learn fast and I can find problems most wouldn't think of.

well if you need help don't hesitate to PM me.

Morian :ph34r:

Edited by Morian

Hi I was wondering if there was anyway I could help with testing or programming I haven't done much in the way of prgramming in visual C ++ but I had created a couple of different calculators for another game system in VB.

Well, we certainly need testers, but as of now, there is not that much to test. Though I don't know if VB will be any help here. :)

Gerhard

I can learn C++ if that is what is required for me to help. I need to learn because I have a few ideas for games but no way of transcribing it

You can't really expect to code Sound or AI with an foreign SDK when you not even know the language. You must learn C++ and you must learn the SDK and if you have no background in 3D programming then you must learn that also. That sounds quite a lot to me.

Gerhard

If u try, u'll get it :) Never give up :) I bought the cipher engine and i was completely lost but i have found my way around the engine in a few weeks. Im actually learning my way around the doom3 sdk at the moment and its alot more complex but im sure i'll figure it :)

On that note im sure you will aswell ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies