The Dark Mod Forums

My Map, Posible app for Beta position

Slash

I don't want to create new topic so I write here. So here some screenshots from my play with DR: http://www.sendspace.com/file/17mv1x - maybe sb will think It looks little interesting.

Definitely interesting. What framerates do you get with such a huge exterior?

This one is my favourite:

Doom3_2008_07_01_15_35_46_34.jpg

Slow :wacko: I dindn't make dynamic light in the torches because I will be have less than 2 fps. Without- 6-7 on Mobility X700. Of course this framerate is on the map with the cathedral. I wanted to create more curves in that map so it will be look like upper screen but it will be too huge and compilation will be probably impossible.

You can definitely see a learning process there... :) But I think you should watch your texture scale. You got some awkward proportions every now and then (mostly inside the cathedral). Maybe scale the floor texture down a little.

You can definitely see a learning process there... :) But I think you should watch your texture scale. You got some awkward proportions every now and then (mostly inside the cathedral). Maybe scale the floor texture down a little.

A agree- visual effect will be better but the texture's border will be more visible (it would look little too repetitious). Of course is possible to use bigger texture with smaller bricks etc. but I didn't make new, apart from stained glass.

Yes of course. But I always try to estimate from which distance a texture will mostly be looked at and scale it accordingly. Since it's a floor texture you will most likely be very close to it most of the time, hence you woun't recognize tiling, but blurriness very well. But that's up to you of course... :)

Also, if you find a texture is not tiling very well, you can just fix it. The texture may not vary too much from it's color average. If you fix that, it will look much better from the distance.