The Dark Mod Forums

Model For Scoobs

oDDity

Here's the Builder Guard test model. YOu don't really need the textures, but I'll post them anyway. This'll save you going through the FTP, or worse still the CVS.

I'm not sure how this is going to work with you using a charcater studio rig. It's not compatible with Motionbuilder, and it's a competely different rig from mine. I want to use motion capture for some of the animations.

Do you know how to set up your own rig in Max wthout using character studio, then you could follow the same bone structure and naming conventions.

I suppose if you're really good, we won't need motion capture at all, so just do it whatever way you want for now, and we'll see.

Start off with a run cycle, a slow walk cycle, a couple of attacks (this guy uses a hammer, which he hasn't got in this file, just model a simple one attach it to his hand) and a weapon draw (he'll have his hammer attached to his back) and maybe an idle, where he's just standing abiout and scratches his neck.

THe run and walk cycles for doom can have forward movment, not running on the spot like a lot of games.

BuilderGuardTest.3ds

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I don't know, I just found it google. I use it for a few of my charcaters, he has a kind of rough look that's good for these type of charcaters.

I just remembered - contributors don't actually have access to this forum, do they?

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

?I wonder what happened toScoobs? That's about two weeks ago he said it would take him 'a few days' to do the couple of anims I gave him, and we haven't heard from him since.

I don't iunderstand these people who are so desparate to join up, and then they just fuck off.

Still, we have another animator joined since then in Diego, so hopefully he'll prove to be more productive. (let's face it, just making one post on the forum within the next two weeks would be more productive than scoobs)

Edited by oDDity

- Emil Zola

character models site

Diego has already been in contact with me. I was going to have him work on a model first, since I thought Scoobs was doing this. He's supposed to get in touch with you about the models anyway, so if you'd like to give him this job instead, feel free.

• 2 months later...

I did have, but not any more. I didn't save them when I reformatted my HD a week ago.

THis was only a test model anyway, I didn't think I'd be using it again.

I suppose it is time I was getting the high poly models converted to work in the game, there didn't seem much hurry before since we had no active animator and no AI scripts, and now suddenly we have both)

- Emil Zola

character models site