The Dark Mod Forums

two questions :]

Theothesnopp

hello, first off all i want to apologise for my poor english.

i have 2 questions that i think will be easy to answer :]

first question.

where can i find the Saintlucia.map ?

second:

either thiefs den or saintlucia has any undead so thougt id use a doom3 one temporarily

when i go to the models and choose any doom 3 model i just get a small box.

what should i do to be able to use a doom 3 model and entity?

thank you :]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what hes asking for Sneaksie, is the sl map file.

I imagine its in the .pk4 file, but I'm not positive.

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

ok, thanks for the fast replies :]

and how do i use doom 3 models and entitys in darkradiant ?

You want the entity not the model. Right click in orthoview and select create entity you should see base and darkmod. Click on base and look down the list. I just had a quick look but couldn't see it quickly but it must be in there somewhere. Not tried it though but it should work.

[EDIT] I'm assuming from your first post you are talking about undead?

Theothesnopp: Sorry for delay. greebo and angua are taking a partial break after the intensity of the saint lucia release.

I've searched through and you're right most of the zombies don't work but I found one that seems OK. In the entity list try:

base/monster_zombie_boney

There is also base/monster_zombie_morgue that works but he's wearing modern pants. So there may possibly be others but that's a long list and ID didn't seem to organize them to make stuff easy to find!

Theothesnopp: Sorry for delay. greebo and angua are taking a partial break after the intensity of the saint lucia release.

I've searched through and you're right most of the zombies don't work but I found one that seems OK. In the entity list try:

base/monster_zombie_boney

There is also base/monster_zombie_morgue that works but he's wearing modern pants. So there may possibly be others but that's a long list and ID didn't seem to organize them to make stuff easy to find!

alright thanks :] ill try this out :]

alright thanks :] ill try this out :]

Zombie_boney Works fine

it walks around when its suspicious fine,

but when it see's me it crashes

i checked the console it said that torso_surprice was not found.

im gonna check zombie_morgue

dont think there will be a difference since the doom 3 zombies werent supposed to be able to hide from.

Pity - sounds like it might not be possible. You may have to wait for the main Dark Mod release I guess.

I don't think we will ever have the resources to hack up the Doom3 entities to work with TDM. With each day our code progresses away from original Doom3 :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Yes, I guess I meant wait for our own Dark Mod undead to escape into the world.

ok thanks everyone for the replies :]

i guess ill put something else in temporarily

i have another question (surprise!)

i feel like it would be unecesary to start a new topic so ill ask it here, hope no one minds :]

the problem is when i change brushes like add new ones, deleting brushes and so on

it looks fine in the editor.

but when i go ingame to check, the deleted brushes are still there and the added brushes are just black squares or invisible, but the collision is there so if i make a wall i cant see it (i did not texture it nodraw or anything like that) but it stops me from walking.

models and things that are not made of brushes look fine.

i thought it must be wrong with some of the other files like "modname.proc" (not that i know much about this) or all thoose

so i made a new save for the map and tried it ingame

when i dmap there is no difference from the first save.

but when i try to enter it i get the error:

Map : nercocave

idrender worldlocal::initfrommap: maps/necrocave.proc not found

...................game map shutdown..................

Error couldnt load maps/necrocave

i have no idea what to do :/

The game errors seem to be the result of it not dmapping but it's hard to tell why it won't dmap. Any other warnings when you enter dmap or is that all?

In the editor, select any non-entity brush and look in Entity Inspector. Does it say 'worldspawn' It should do. I'm just wondering if all worldspawn has been made into an entity.

Otherwise, unless someone else can come up with a suggestion all I can think of is, can you zip it up and upload it anywhere so we can look at it? How big is the map?

The game errors seem to be the result of it not dmapping but it's hard to tell why it won't dmap. Any other warnings when you enter dmap or is that all?

In the editor, select any non-entity brush and look in Entity Inspector. Does it say 'worldspawn' It should do. I'm just wondering if all worldspawn has been made into an entity.

Otherwise, unless someone else can come up with a suggestion all I can think of is, can you zip it up and upload it anywhere so we can look at it? How big is the map?

yes it says worldspawn,

i was going to post this up later on anyway for a place as beta mapper (surprice!)

ill post it up soon :]

Edited by Theothesnopp

it also says its leaked but it doesnt crash and i checked the pontfile and i covered it up.

but it doesnt help since new brushes doesnt show up in game, but it doesnt crash so i guess thats okay,

the size of it is

615 brushes

14 patches

80 entities

(no visportals yet :o)

i cant find a good site to upload it im looking for one now.

the attachment thingy doesnt work :/