The Dark Mod Forums

Opinions on St. Lucia Demo

plasticman

By the way, I also wanted to ask:

1. Saint Lucia seems incomplete without the crypt added. Is it going to be added?

2. Even this map seems to be larger than the standard Thief 3 maps, how large are you capable of making maps? I played Doom 3 a bit and their maps seem to be pretty big.

2. I have seen some extremely large TDM maps currently in alpha/beta stages. Thief 3 Deadly Shadows will be put to shame. :)

1. You're referring to the

unopenable door in the passage down the bottom?

It's been a long time, but IIRC

there is a crypt behind that door, you just need to find an alternate route into it.

I could be wrong though - might be thinking of another area.

2. Yup. There's at least one I'm thinking of that's epic. :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

1. You're referring to the

unopenable door in the passage down the bottom?

It's been a long time, but IIRC

there is a crypt behind that door, you just need to find an alternate route into it.

I could be wrong though - might be thinking of another area.

Wait you mean the place that you go to by elevator with one guard? Well I guess that makes sense now...Lol, I was kind of expecting some haunts or zombies I guess. Just seemed to small to be a "real" crypt Lol

2. Yup. There's at least one I'm thinking of that's epic. :)[/Quote]

Great news. :)

Edited by DingDong

zombies I guess. Just seemed to small to be a "real" crypt Lol

Heh. Well, it is a smallish church. :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Yes, Jdude wants to update it for a new release, but he's pretty busy atm.

Awesome!

And - indeed - THANK you guys! Great work, great passion, great fun, great community ongoing!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• 1 month later...

My computer was being repaired for the last few weeks (just got it back), but shortly before it broke I finally got a chance to play through the "The Tears of Saint Lucia" mission. And I want to saw how good it is, everything is so well done! :) Great level design, story, voices, lighting, just the whole thing is quite polished and it gives you an idea of just how powerful the Doom III engine combined with The Dark Mod is for making elaborate Thief missions. Felt like a real Thief story in this mission, and I can't wait to see what great Thief fan missions the many dedicated Thief fans out there will make using The Dark Mod. :)

I'll be updating it for TDM1.0 just enough so that it works and you guys can replay it. Everytime I think I'm going to get time to do it I end up being wrong though which has sucked. I really want to get it done for an Xmas present :P

The reasons are:

1) Me and Fidcal have a project which is an entirely new level so there'd be no point into putting a bunch of effort into adding to saintlucia when you have this entirely new map! :)

2) I officially finish my undergrad degree (BBA) in 3 weeks :) And I'm so tired from studying I feel like I'm going to die :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I need help.

How do I drop the hammer on the Lucia statue? Oh, and while I'm at it, where do I find the ...thing that makes the statue weep?

Thanks in advance!

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Yes. Climb up the wooden scaffolding, and run at the hammer to push it off the scaffolding and onto the statue. Might take some fiddling but it's definitely doable.

Thanks, guys. After a little trying I managed to do it.

Turns out I had canted the hammer slightly by not pushing it in exactly the direction the mapper had intended me to.

All ist well, and now off to the thingy that makes the statue weep. You don't happen to remember where that was?

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

If you're talking about the relic, you need to look:

hint:

in the priest's room

major hint:

look for a button to open a secret door

giveaway:

it's behind the pot on the bookshelf

• 1 month later...