The Dark Mod Forums

Nodeimporter error?

Springheel

When I load the most recent version of my map I get the following error:

"Failed on entity 50

NodeImporter::createEntity(): could not find classname"

The map continues to load, and I notice that the speaker I added a long time ago is missing, as are a couple models.

What does that error mean? The only thing I did last session was add some decals (the speaker and models were fine in that version). Should I go back to a previous save?

Hmm, I copied the decals over to a previous save, then tried to dmap that version and got the error:

entity 50 has surface but no name key
(or something to that effect)

So it seems like the decals themselves are the problem. Any suggestions?

Somehow an empty entity managed to get into that map:

// entity 50
{
// dummy brush 0
{
brushDef3
{
( 0 0 -1 0 ) ( ( 0.125 0 0 ) ( 0 0.125 0 ) ) "_default" 0 0 0
( 0 0 1 -8 ) ( ( 0.125 0 0 ) ( 0 0.125 0 ) ) "_default" 0 0 0
( 0 -1 0 -16 ) ( ( 0.125 0 0 ) ( 0 0.125 0 ) ) "_default" 0 0 0
( 1 0 0 -16 ) ( ( 0.125 0 0 ) ( 0 0.125 0 ) ) "_default" 0 0 0
( 0 1 0 -16 ) ( ( 0.125 0 0 ) ( 0 0.125 0 ) ) "_default" 0 0 0
( -1 0 0 -16 ) ( ( 0.125 0 0 ) ( 0 0.125 0 ) ) "_default" 0 0 0
}
}
}

This entity has no spawnargs at all, and the map parser can't instantiate the entity.

Just remove that entity from spring4.map and your map will work again. I'm curious how this entity got in there?

Hmm, I don't know. I took the non-working version and copied about 6 or 7 decal patches, then pasted them into a version I know was working. After doing that, I got the error about entity50. So I figured it must be one of the patches, but they all look normal in the editor.

Just remove that entity from spring4.map and your map will work again.

How do I find the entity? When I looked at the list that comes up when you hit "J", it only went up to 49. Or can I just delete it in a text editor?

No, that's ok, I'm going to use my most updated version. :) Thanks solving the problem so quickly.

Hmm, deleting that brush makes my speaker entity disappear for some reason.

Hmm, this keeps happening intermittantly, though I can't pin down exactly what's causing it. Every time when I delete the empty entity though, my same speaker is gone with it.

edit: I think I've tracked down when it happens. Seems that when I save the map as a different filename, the speaker entity isn't saved properly. I loaded Spring4 without problem, then saved it as Spring6 without making any changes. When I compare the two files, the end of the file is different.

Spring4:

// entity 57
{
"classname" "speaker"
"name" "speaker_1"
"origin" "16 -142.5 216.5"
"s_looping" "1"
"s_maxdistance" "10"
"s_shader" "bar_commotion02_loop"
// dummy brush 0
{
brushDef3
{
}
}
}

The same place in Spring6:

// entity 57
{
// dummy brush 0
brushDef3
{
}
}
}

I just tried using "save copy" instead of just "save" and it seemed to work properly, so hopefully that will be the end of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, not the originals, no. I've since saved over them (using save copy instead of save as). I can check and see if I can recreate the problem, however. (is Spring4 not on SVN any longer?)

Hmm, not the originals, no. I've since saved over them (using save copy instead of save as). I can check and see if I can recreate the problem, however. (is Spring4 not on SVN any longer?)

I can only see Spring5.map in SVN - but don't bother too much, I'll just leave the bug report open if you ever run into the problem again.

http://bugs.angua.at/view.php?id=1501

• 2 years later...

I've just encountered the same error. My map is unloadable... :o

Stupid me didn't bother to save new versions of the map as I'm just trying to brush the dust off my humble editing skills. But it turned out quite alright... What can I do?

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.

Here it is :

Link

If I recall correctly I was trying to remember how to turn a worldspawn brush into a door, and it took some trial and error. Suddenly selecting one bruch selected everything so I quit DR and couldn't reopen the file after.

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.